Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Getting Traffic on the IFD from a Dynon Skyview?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Getting Traffic on the IFD from a Dynon Skyview?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting Traffic on the IFD from a Dynon Skyview?
    Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 2:56am
Has anyone been able to get traffic sent from their Dynon Skyview to an IFD? I thought 10.3 was supposed to fix this. 

However, referencing this thread on the Dynon forums, it appears that we still aren't able to get it to work. It seems that the IFD auto assigns IP address 10.177.82.171 when connecting to the Skyview wifi network, and the Skyview broadcasts ads-b traffic via UDP on IP 10.191.255.255 which is a different subnet. 

Assuming that's true, is there some hidden way to change the IP address of the IFD? If not, hopefully this can be included in the next bugfix to 10.3 (either manually setting the IP, or letting it pull one via DHCP, etc).
PA23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PA23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 9:13am
I skimmed though the thread you posted (FYI the link you posted is malformed) and the comments about the different networks is probably not valid.  First, without more information I can't say if the two addresses are on different subnets as the subnet mask was not disclosed but for a point of reference a "10 address" is a class A network address and the default network mask would be 255.0.0.0 which means everything starting with 10.x.x.x would be within the subnet, I suspect the Dynon is simply using the default mask.

Just to provide a little more information, I had also performed a Wireshark capture on the communications between a Stratux unit and the IFD, my capture also included the WiFi signaling, and although I was looking for something else I can positively confirm that with the Stratux acting as the WiFi access point and DHCP server, the Avidyne acquired an address properly and accepted data from the Stratux via UDP/4000, in the IFD generated various broadcast traffic which I believe it uses to beacon for products such as Foreflight and the IFD100, the broadcast traffic was on ports 5681, 5681, 5687, & 5689.

The something else I was looking for I have forwarded to Avidyne and I understand is being reviewed.

-PA
JoeIBM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeIBM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 3:38pm
The link from the previous poster is just missing a colon.  Here’s the link:

C310R at KJYO
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic