Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD440 Reset Problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mar*Sat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD440 Reset Problems
    Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 10:37pm
After getting a bunch of other work done, I finally have gotten to the end of my panel installation about a couple weeks ago.  I have had the IFD running on the bench back in August but its time to get it in the air and test the configuration.  I had F500, WFIF, and BT working fine on the bench and in the plane and set a password to freeze the settings.  About then for a reason I don't understand, I lost F550, WIFI, and BT.  They greyed out with synvis the only option running.  I didn't alter anything except the ARIC settings in and out from the Garmin 345 and went from 15 menu pages down to 12 on the IFD.  I received a password reset and later a options reset from tech support earlier in the week.  It seems that I can't reset back to the default password or reset the options either.  In maint mode the 440 "skips" over both and says updates are successful and all you have left is "done"... and I am certainly done.   I have followed directions as directed and have checked for my N number being correct multiple times.  I can't help but feeing that I am missing a step somewhere that is critical to resetting the local memory registry and this is fowling up the parameter setting.  
Has anyone run into this and what is your best advise before I call up tech support on Monday?

Additionally, I would like to thank the folks who have posted about 10.3.  Updating the firmware was on my list next along with throwing on the Jepps bundle but I have stayed on 10.2.6 until I quit seeing reports of issues.  I have enough problems so thanks!    
Bob
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic