Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Release 10.3.1.2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
vas4avidyne View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vas4avidyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 11:46pm
Thanks, Steve. Guess I shouldn't be holding my breath for that next release :-)!
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by vas4avidyne vas4avidyne wrote:

AviSteve, we had discussed two issues related to Screen Brightness in the last few months - one where there is a "cliff" when one goes from 52 to 48% when adjusting brightness manually and the other one where the manual screen brightness in a particular profile is not saved across power cycles. I can understand that the second one may be a design choice but I think the first one is a bug - has that been resolved in 10.3.1.2?

Thanks.
Both of those behaviors are per original design of the IFD and have been there since 10.0.  The LCD has a day/night mode and the "cliff" was there to provide more resolution at each end of the scale.

Nevertheless, we have modified the design to increase the number of brightness levels to 100 instead of 25 and make the brightness along the scale continuous, though not linear.  We have also modified the design to save the last selected brightness level, but only to a specific minimum.  We intentionally kept the changes in 10.3.1.2 to a small number of bug fixes.  That's why the new brightness behavior was not included.  They are scheduled for inclusion in the next release.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by R0bst3r R0bst3r wrote:

I agree, thanks for fixing this so quickly.  Especially the Trutrak bug, I honestly expected it to never be fixed.
We fixed it by having you disable enroute VNAV.  I'm not sure if you saw this, but skitheo made an interesting, related post this afternoon.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
vas4avidyne View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vas4avidyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 7:47pm
AviSteve, we had discussed two issues related to Screen Brightness in the last few months - one where there is a "cliff" when one goes from 52 to 48% when adjusting brightness manually and the other one where the manual screen brightness in a particular profile is not saved across power cycles. I can understand that the second one may be a design choice but I think the first one is a bug - has that been resolved in 10.3.1.2?

Thanks.
R0bst3r View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R0bst3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 6:23pm
I agree, thanks for fixing this so quickly.  Especially the Trutrak bug, I honestly expected it to never be fixed.
ricardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 5:07pm
yay! -- thanks avidyne!
SeanMollet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanMollet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 3:06pm
Thanks for getting this done so quickly!
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by skybum02 skybum02 wrote:

Is there a link to the webinar from today? 
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
skybum02 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skybum02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 2:59pm
Is there a link to the webinar from today? 
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 2:28pm
Software will be available starting Monday, February 20.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 2:27pm

Release 10.3.1.2 is primarily a bug fix release for 10.3.0.2.  Here are the release notes:

• Fixed issue regarding VHF frequencies not persisting across power cycles
  • Fixed issue with secondary standby frequency selection timing out after 20 seconds, reverting back to the #1 standby
  • Fixed issue that caused an IFD reset when RF legs are disabled, an approach is selected in the dropdown, and every enroute transition to that approach contains an RF leg
  • Fixed issue that caused visual approach extended runway centerline to not be displayed on devices driven by GAMA 429 (e.g. EX5000, Aspen)
  • Fixed Exit Hold button so that it will appear when a hold immediately precedes an arrival or approach starting at the hold fix
  • Fixed issue that caused VSR to not be computed when the next altitude constraint is on a leg that is part of a departure
  • Fixed issue where the IFD outputs the selected altitude label even if enroute VNAV is disabled.  With this fix, disabling enroute VNAV will prevent the IFD from overriding the selected altitude on some autopilots (e.g. TruTrak).
  • Fixed enroute VNAV deviation scaling issues for display on a G5 (see SIL 606-00192-000).
  • Fixed issue that caused Direct-to entry to be cancelled when using keyboard convenience mode.
  • Fixed issue that caused some IFDs with multi-engines enabled to continue to show fuel flow / quantity in single engine format
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic