Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Release 10.3.1.2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LarryH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 10:11pm
How can we view the SIL 606-00192-000 that is mentioned in the release notes?

A search from the non-dealer side did not come up with anything.
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2023 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by LarryH LarryH wrote:

How can we view the SIL 606-00192-000 that is mentioned in the release notes?

A search from the non-dealer side did not come up with anything.
I just emailed you a copy of it.

The SIL covered enroute VNAV scaling errors that existed in 10.3.0.2.  If you've installed 10.3.1.2, the SIL is no longer applicable.  If you haven't installed 10.3.1.2, you really should.

Edited by AviSteve - 20 Apr 2023 at 2:56pm
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
LarryH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LarryH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2023 at 3:02pm
Steve,
Thank you for the information. At this time, I think I will stay with 10.2.6.1 until most of the other features have been fixed.
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2023 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by LarryH LarryH wrote:

Steve,
Thank you for the information. At this time, I think I will stay with 10.2.6.1 until most of the other features have been fixed.
OK.  In that case, the SIL is really not applicable to your installation...
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
LarryH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LarryH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2023 at 3:13pm
True. However, I also help out others locally. The more information I have, the better.
vas4avidyne View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vas4avidyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 2:32am
I'm seeing an intermittent issue with 10.3.1.2 which is manifesting itself with two symptoms:
- the primary COM frequency is being set to 118.2
- the volume is set to zero

The tower frequency at my home airport (KRHV) is 119.8 so that is usually the primary COM frequency when I shut the plane down (I use a separate COM for ATIS/ground). The first time I saw it I thought i had fat fingered something but then it happened again on my first flight today which is when I realized that there is likely a new issue. I did a total of 4 legs today and and the problem did not recur on any of the succeeding legs (only on the first leg of the day).

Now that I have recognized there is an issue, I will try to see if there are any commonality when the problem occurs and I will report.

In the meanwhile, is anyone else seeing anything similar?

Vas
Victor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 10:05am
Originally posted by vas4avidyne vas4avidyne wrote:

I'm seeing an intermittent issue with 10.3.1.2 which is manifesting itself with two symptoms:
- the primary COM frequency is being set to 118.2
- the volume is set to zero

The tower frequency at my home airport (KRHV) is 119.8 so that is usually the primary COM frequency when I shut the plane down (I use a separate COM for ATIS/ground). The first time I saw it I thought i had fat fingered something but then it happened again on my first flight today which is when I realized that there is likely a new issue. I did a total of 4 legs today and and the problem did not recur on any of the succeeding legs (only on the first leg of the day).

Now that I have recognized there is an issue, I will try to see if there are any commonality when the problem occurs and I will report.

In the meanwhile, is anyone else seeing anything similar?

Vas

Hello Vas.

Are you sure your IFD is not still running on 10.3.0.2? Version 10.3.1.2 had a fix for the 118.2 issue. I haven’t read or heard of anyone else having this problem after updating.

Sorry, I can’t help with the volume issue.
vuk3@me.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vuk3@me.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 2:01am
Hello all,
Just a quick question: I’m still at 10.2.x,  Do I need to install the 10.3 OS prior to installing the 10.3.1.2 update that addresses all the previous bugs? Or can I simply have my avionics guy do the 10.3.1.2 in one go? Sorry if this has been asked before.
Cheers,
Andy
VH-UAR YMMB
rpostmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpostmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 9:24am
Straight to 10.3.1.2.
It has worked flawlessly on my Comanche.
Bob
vuk3@me.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vuk3@me.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 9:26am
Thank you very much Bob.
Cheers
Andy
VH-UAR YMMB
Toadpilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Toadpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2023 at 12:46am
I have been flying with 10.3.1.2 for just over 50 hrs. I wanted to say thank you for the fixes to 10.3 and the improved features 10.3 has brought to the IFDs. I know it was a lot of work on your end getting everything to the point of release, so I wanted to pass along my appreciation as a user and customer.
Jeff Hullinger
1964 Piper PA-30 N97VP
IFD550/IFD440/EX500/AMX240/
RDR2100/GMX345/GDL69A/
SKY497/STEC60-2/G5 AI/G5 HSI
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic