Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

10.3.2.1 Visual Approaches

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10.3.2.1 Visual Approaches
    Posted: 10 Apr 2023 at 7:26am
Love most of the features of the new release.  Had a question on the Visual Approaches for Steve and wondering if the behavior is intentionally designed, or if it is an oversight.

Once a Visual Approach is activated, many of the datablocks dealing with time and descent go blank.  By that I mean the following:

1. ETA Destination becomes blank - the IFD is no longer able to give you your arrival time
  2. VSR becomes blank - When a crossing altitude is selected on the waypoint, once you also activate the visual approach the VSR goes blank.  An example would be cross 1nm before the airport at 1000ft AGL.
There are others, but these are the two that I notice on my setup.

Geoffrey
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 12:07pm
I notice that also.  I assumed it was done purposely???
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2023 at 9:18am
That's not intentional.  I'll look into it.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Gring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2023 at 9:29am
Thanks, please let us know what you find.
Gring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 6:23am
Steve, any updated information on this one?
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 3:30pm
Nope, haven't even had a chance to look at it yet.  I created a change request so I won't forget it.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
skybum02 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skybum02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 10:50pm
Also, after loading the visual approach, the JPI said no destination loaded therefore it couldn't compute the fuel required.  Not a big deal, but I think that the coding for the visual approaches is doing something strange for both the IFD and the external components that depend on that coding.   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic