Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No NAV mode with GFC 500 Autopilot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmbm50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No NAV mode with GFC 500 Autopilot
    Posted: 26 Oct 2023 at 8:02pm
I recently had a GFC500 AP along with a GI-275 installed to go with IFD550 and IFD440.

We are unable to select NAV mode on the AP.  The shop is stumped and they say they called Avidyne/Garmin without any progress, but I'm unable to verify that.  It just won't follow the GPS track.

Setting a flight plan in the IFD does show the magenta line in the Garmin.  I can see the flight path but hitting the NAV button does nothing...it won't arm or activate.  I have to keep it in heading mode and twist and turn to stay on the GPS course.  Clearly the IFD is sharing enough info to the Garmin to show the flight plan but not enough that AP thinks it can follow it.

I know this combo should work.  Any tips or if anyone has seen this before?  IFD is current 10.3.1.2 and Garmin is current too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic