Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD540 right knob press not working properly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vas4avidyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD540 right knob press not working properly
    Posted: 04 Mar 2024 at 8:04pm
I sent my IFD540 in for repair (I had separate post about an issue where X's showed up in the frequency boxes) - I received the device back last week and that issue was resolved after they replaced a couple of boards.

Except, the right knob (which worked fine when I sent it out) is now not working properly - the rotation of both inner and outer knobs to scroll is working fine but the press function has become finicky. I initially thought it didn't work at all but after trying it again and playing around with it as I pressed it, I figured out that I could make it work but it is rather irritating that something that was working find previously is not working as well as previously. It's almost like a loose contact.

Are there any suggestions for what I can do to fix/improve it without having to send it to the factory again?

Thanks,

Vas
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic