Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What happens if you don’t press Enter at startup
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What happens if you don’t press Enter at startup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What happens if you don’t press Enter at startup
    Posted: 19 Jul 2024 at 1:54am
Twice in the last couple of weeks, after landing I switched the avionics power back on to troubleshoot a PTT switch. I didn’t press ENTER on either of my IFD 440s. The bottom 440 turned itself off, while the top one seemed to be patiently waiting for me to press a key.

Since I just got back from a flight, it’s possible the cockpit was hot, and the lower IFD decided to shutdown, but I didn’t see any notification of this.

Would a log from the lower device tell me why it shutdown? Is shutting down the right thing to do if you don’t press ENTER to acknowledge whatever it is that you acknowledge by pressing ENTER? I’m not worried about it, just curious whether it’s expected behavior.

AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2024 at 4:24pm
The system should stay on the legalese screen saying to press ENTR until you press ENTR.  It wouldn't hurt to check the event log, but it may not tell you much.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic