Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Warranty and repair options

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MysticCobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MysticCobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 7:35pm
I expect you'll have to wait until after Oshkosh before you'll hear anything from AviJake.  I'd guess they've got their hands full right now.
SB Jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SB Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 6:54pm
Agreed Tony. This issue is heating up on various web boards as more people learn of the situation.

I've always supported reduced liability for the manufacturers in the GA industry. But that doesn't mean I can indemnify Avidyne to an unlimited extent. That's simply not realistic.

I need clarification on this issue; it's not fair or proper business dealing to blindside those of us who put money down nearly 2 years ago on the IFD 540 with a warranty and repair structure that is either untenable or very expensive.

I expect Avidyne to come with service and support that equals or exceeds that of Garmin.

The IFD's have great potential, but this potentially can be a deal breaker.
tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 5:34pm
Steve,  you never addressed glassanza's concern.  I know you are heads down working diligently on the ifd540 certification, however some of us need closure on the "Release and Indemnification Waiver" referenced above. 

Edited by tony - 29 Jul 2013 at 5:39pm
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 11:26am
Sorry the delay in responding.   I think I do have the percentage stats at the office and will post them on Monday.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
FORANE View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FORANE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2013 at 5:31pm
Steve

The $5,900 flat rate charge for post warranty service figure gives a startling first impression as may be gleaned from a couple of posts in this thread.  If however one considers the cost of the Entegra / R-9 equipment it covers, the $5,900 seems in line with the industry based on a percentage of initial  equipment cost.  To help allay the concerns of some of us here, would you be willing to state that the post warranty service cost (provided Avidyne does offer flat rate service) for the IFD 440/540 units will likely be a similar percentage of initial purchase cost?
Lancair 235/320
RV-9A
glassanza View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glassanza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 7:53pm
Thanks for the prompt reply. I appreciate the 2 year warranty on the units, guess its a win-win, warranty perks and purchase price discounts for cash up front. If we are going to ignore the elephant in the room, i.e. the link to the article that started this conversation, my real issue has to do with fair repair costs, not extended warranty program language that I would have to personally read to comment on. That being said, I understand a PFD/MFD repair is a very different animal than a NAV/COM repair. For us "other brand" folks abandoning ship and putting out trust in both the engineering and support of your product line this is a big deal.

I am confident you will make us proud...  
GDC25
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 2:14pm

The IFD540 is being offered with a  two year warranty for any customers that have taken advantage of our pre-buy program. 

At this time we have not announced any extended warranty programs or repair pricing.  We expect that to be available when the product is in full rate production.

Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 11:27am
Yikes.

A definite deal breaker.
David Gates
glassanza View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glassanza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 10:15am
This is an issue that gravely concerns me, so much in fact that it may be the determining factor with regard to keeping my pre buy order in place for the two 540's I have been patiently waiting for. I just hope Avidyne addresses this issue quickly and doesn't just hope it will go away. It will not...
GDC25
Paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 4:35pm
This is being discussed in the Cessna Pilot's Association forum and a Google search shows it in other articles or forums.
phkmn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phkmn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 9:34pm
$6000 minimum charge for post-warranty service????   Yikes.
PH
FORANE View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FORANE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 12:30pm
I read an article regarding Avidynes AeroPlan extended warranty which was not complementary.  This served as an impetus for me to inquire about Avidynes plans for warranty support and service of the IFD 540/440 units.  Article may be found here: http://www.aviationlawmonitor.com/2013/06/articles/general-aviation/avidyne-snares-owners-with-limited-time-offer-of-extended-warranty/
Please advise of warranty and service options on these units.
Lancair 235/320
RV-9A
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic