Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FREE TRANSPONDER OFFER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 8:58am
Originally posted by Jrlumpp Jrlumpp wrote:

My point being is that any discount by Avidyne on their transponder is cancelled out by the $2,000 unlock charge from Aspen to allow it to display on a pro 1000. The Aspen rep told me that their ads b unit has no unlock charge and puts traffic in 3D on their pro 1000 with synthetic vision. For those doing a Avidyne/Aspen install with ads b , the choice seems to be Aspen for the transponder.

As far as I am aware, Aspen doesn't make a "transponder".  They make ADS-B transceivers which provide ADS_B out compliance and some models also have "in" capability.  I may be wrong here, but I think you would still need a transponder in addition to Aspen's "ADS-B Solution".
Jrlumpp View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jrlumpp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 4:58pm
Yes, I believe that's correct.
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 7:26pm

I have the Aspen 2000 with SVT.

I may well have it wrong, but when I added active traffic (TAS605A), the traffic symbology shows up on my Aspens without upcharge.

May not be the same if you don't have SVT.

David Gates
Jrlumpp View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jrlumpp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 11:00am
This is interesting, the Aspen rep informed me that If I want the ads b in to function and display on the pro 1000, I need to pay a unlock charge. Anyone else have any info on this ?
Jrlumpp View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jrlumpp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 11:03am
Just to clarify, you pay the unlock charge if you use other than Aspen ads b in technology. This is how it was explained to me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic