Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Entegra Release 9 > Release 9 Insiders - Anyone can post
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

settings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rhelsing View Drop Down
Release 9 Insiders
Release 9 Insiders

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhelsing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: settings
    Posted: 12 Oct 2014 at 9:18am
Thank you. It is definitely a loud squeal through the head sets and it only happens on landing at about 500 AGL through roll out.
Roy Helsing

Cirrus G3 Turbo - Avidyne R9
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2014 at 7:56am
With 9.3 SynVis, you can only have EGPWS or SynVis running at any given time.  If the installer selected EGPWS, then that deactivates most of SynVis and vice versa.

(Note this was done because the regs governing SynVis [AC for the purists] cite that you can not have two different terrain warning systems running at the same time in an airplane - they must both provide the exact same alerts at the exact same time and since the EPGWS algorithms are proprietary, there was no way we could guarantee there wouldn't be a conflict at some point, hence you only  get one at a time.)

As for the squeal, I don't know what to make of that.   The closest thing I've seen before is that I inadvertently had the volume for the aural alerts set pretty low one day when I was flying low and I heard some unintelligible chatter in my headsets the whole time I was flying out in the countryside at low altitude.  Turns out it was the terrain pull-up calls from SynVis and as soon as I increased the volume bar setting, it all made sense and I shut off FLTA for that flight.   That of course was not a squeal, just some "noise" in my headset.    I can't imagine what an altitude-based squeal is caused by.  We'll have to brainstorm some ideas on Monday.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
rhelsing View Drop Down
Release 9 Insiders
Release 9 Insiders

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhelsing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2014 at 3:39pm
My 9.3 allows me to set "Enhanced Ground Proximity Warning System" on or off. I have mine set to off. However, I get a high pitched squeal below 500AGL through roll out. At your vendor table at COPA M12 today I noticed that on your demo set up, the "Enhanced Ground Proximity Warning System" is not selectable. Any insights?
Roy Helsing

Cirrus G3 Turbo - Avidyne R9
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic