Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New ship date

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New ship date
    Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 2:25pm
Got notice that my December ship date is now February.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 5:04pm
Hi George,

My data shows you are a Month 5 person with a 2 Feb ship date.   Does that sync up with your understanding?

(I have no idea how the original date was December.....)
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
pburger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 5:06pm
Oh HELLS NO!!  That is not a good sign.

My ship date is 2nd week of November.  I've got everything lined up.  I guess I better ping my avionics guy...
Jrlumpp View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jrlumpp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 8:28pm
Got my email from Bettina, mine to ship at end of month
Paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 9:50pm
I got my e-mail.  It will ship in late December.  Just enough time to find an avionics shop crazy (or desperate) enough to deal with me.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 10:23pm
It is raining/snowing 540's!

* Orest

rolfe_tessem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolfe_tessem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2014 at 7:37pm
So, I am supposedly a month two person, and have heard nothing from Avidyne regarding my ship date. 

This does not seem to conform with the earlier guidance that month two was Sept 15 - Oct 15. Even allowing for a little slippage, this is now November 7th.

What guidance can you give as my deposit is almost three years ago?
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2014 at 10:15pm
I'd be upset. Doesn't seem right. I'd be calling sales for explanation.

Passive gets you nothing.
David Gates
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 5:49pm
Agreed, that's not right.  As far as we know, Bettina has spoken to everyone in the first few months and has all shipments scheduled.  

I'll have her reach out again on Monday but if anyone thinks they are in the first 4 months and don't have a scheduled ship date yet (and want one), please make yourself known so we can fix that error.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolfe_tessem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 7:56pm
What is Bettina's email or phone so I can reach out to her on Monday?

Thanks,

Rolfe
Leonard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leonard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 8:03pm
From Bettina

"Avidyne is now shipping out the IFD540's.  You're schedule for Month 4, please provide the Avidyne Dealer information so I can arrange the install date for you. Schedule ship date 12/1/2014."

This is what I got for shipment.

Delayed the second 540 for the spring.

Just ask them for the one that I delayed!!!

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 9:33am
Bettina's contact info is:

bbarcliff@Avidyne.com
781-402-7484
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolfe_tessem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 9:52am
Steve,

I will reach out on Monday. However, I don't know how I went from month two to month four.

Below is my previous email exchange.

Rolfe
-------------------------------------------

Hello Rolfe,

You are in the second month of full rate production, We will reach out to you 3o days before your delivery is projected. It could take us a month or so to ramp up production.

Warm regards,

Brian

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 2:46 PM

To: Brian Oliver

Subject: IFD540

Hello Brian,

I wonder if you can tell me where I am in the queue for delivery of my pre-ordered IFD540?  I know I'm not the first, and not the last, so probably in the middle somewhere...

I would like to nail down an appointment with my installation shop.

Thanks for any estimate you can give...

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 9:56am
Dunno but Tina (Bettina) is very good and she'll give you all the details she has.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 9:57am
Originally posted by Leonard Leonard wrote:

From Bettina
"Avidyne is now shipping out the IFD540's.  You're schedule for Month 4, please provide the Avidyne Dealer information so I can arrange the install date for you. Schedule ship date 12/1/2014."

This is what I got...
"Avidyne is now shipping out the IFD540's.  You're schedule for Month 2, please provide the Avidyne Dealer information so I can arrange the install date for you. 2nd week in December."

I sent back my dealer information, but I've never heard anything back.  They didn't seem to have any issue contacting me so I'm not sure what the problem is scheduling people appropriately according to their contracted month date.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolfe_tessem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 1:59pm
I reached out to Bettina this morning and received a prompt reply and a promised ship date of 11/21. 

She says there was an email to me on 10/29 notifying me of a late November ship date. I never received this, or the SPAM filter got to it before I did. 

In any event, I'm happy with the date, but think Avidyne's communications could be improved. After all, if you don't get an acknowledgement from someone, do you give up after one email? Although it is 2014, I believe the telephone still functions...

Thanks for following up on this for me...

Rolfe

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic