Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Advisory Glide slope criteria

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edanford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advisory Glide slope criteria
    Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 11:34am
I test flew my new IFD540 on Friday. 

Overall I am very pleased with it to say the least :) .

It did every thing like the simulator so it was easy to jump in and fly.

I did the LPV 32 at T82 and the HSI (KCS55A) gave me glide slope just as expected.

I then tried the LNAV /LP 14  at T82 which  is not a LPV GPS approach.

I got no advisory glide slope even though it was turned on in IFD540.

What is the exact criteria to get the advisory glide slope on HSI?

Ed
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 2:53pm
There have been a couple of folks that have reported no advisory glide-path.

A possible bug?

* Orest

edanford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edanford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 6:34pm
Has anyone else run into this issue?

I have only this issue and the DME  frequency control (SIL on this)  issue with my install.

One observation is that the manual dimming control does seem course when used to brighten up screen at night.

Other than that,  my IFD540 has worked just as it should.

Ed

Ed
Gring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 7:49pm
Yes, the advisory glideslope does not work on some LNAV approaches.  I forget the background on this one but it has to do with a change Jeppesen made with the navigation database about the time the IFD went into production.  I can tell you that the test software I was flying in my airplane up to about 10 days before certification (when I got the production code) did in fact produce an LNAV+V with vertical guidance.  Initially I thought it was software related, but I believe Avidyne confirmed it was a change with Jepp.
edanford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edanford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 9:57pm
Thanks for the info. That makes sense.

Hope that is an issue that can be worked with Jeppesen

I am still constantly thinking of things to test while flying my new setup.

The good news is almost all of my tests have worked
Ed
Gring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 7:12am
When I got mine in March, I made a 1 page list and spent about 10 hours thoroughly testing each function to ensure a) I understood how the IFD worked, and b) since it was still preproduction software, that it functioned correctly. After that, I flew IFR on a regular basis with the units with confidence. Some of the procedures work differently than the G430/530 that I was use to, and that can trip you up. If all you ever fly is R9 or IFD540 then no issues.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic