Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

standy by audio

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: standy by audio
    Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 7:53pm

I know I'm going to have to wire up the standby audio from the 540 to the 240 so when the software update comes out, the wiring will be in place to use the enhancement.  I'm looking at pages 57 and 58 of the 540 installation manual.  Specifically I'm looking at connector P1002.  The standby audio is not listed.  Is the standby audio found on the reserved pins 23, 24, and /or 25?

edanford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edanford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 8:27pm

On the IFD, you need to wire two output signals to the audio panel.

The IFD pins are:

P1006, Pin 7 - Com Monitor Audio Hi

P1006, Pin 34 - Com Monitor Audio Lo

Ed
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 7:39am
Ed's data is correct.

Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
1964-m20e View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1964-m20e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 12:15pm
Help me some what is standby audio?

edanford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edanford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 2:04pm
It is the ability to listen the frequency that is in the secondary (would be moved to primary ) position of the IFD540 i.e. you can listen to two frequencies at once with this feature in the IFD540.

You may transmit on the primary only.

This is not enabled in current SW but will at some point in the future
Ed
Awful Charlie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Awful Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 4:09pm
Can we have the standby freq. monitor as a function on the IFD please? Reason being the audio panel aux. inputs are tied up in EU land with DME and ADF. FWIW, the GNS480 does this ;-)

Edited by Awful Charlie - 10 Dec 2014 at 4:11pm
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Awful Charlie Awful Charlie wrote:

Can we have the standby freq. monitor as a function on the IFD please? Reason being the audio panel aux. inputs are tied up in EU land with DME and ADF. FWIW, the GNS480 does this ;-)

I believe I read here that that will be included in 10.1. With 10.0.3 due out in January (?), it will be some time after that.

* Orest

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2014 at 9:53am
Agreed.  We add support for standby audio in Release 10.1 which should be early spring 2015.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 9:32pm
I think Awful Charlie's point was missed.  He was hoping that the audio combination would be done in the IFD rather than in the audio panel.  You'd just stay on com1 on the audio panel, but you could hit some sort of monitor button on the IFD such that it is then combined in the IFD and heard on the audio.

His issue is that if he doesn't have a monitor button and his other switched inputs are not available, he can't use this feature, but he could if it was enabled in the IFD.

I was originally thinking I agreed with this, but this would limit any spacial separation capabilities of the newer audio panels.  I love the 3D audio demos (yet to see if I find it useful in flight) and having this as a separate line to the audio panel allows you to spatially locate this monitored frequency.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic