Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Setups: bezel/display lighting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Setups: bezel/display lighting
    Posted: 27 Dec 2014 at 8:13pm
What are you doing with your lighting setup values. Here is what I've fiddled to ...

What is YOUR setup, so far?

* Orest

P.S.  I have changed the dimbus transition to 3% now.

Edited by oskrypuch - 02 Oct 2015 at 5:51pm
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 9:16am
One thought - I see you have the default value of 10 set for the dimBus Transition % parameter and you've selected "Photocell" for the lighting source.

You might consider setting the dimBus Transition % value to 0 if you would like to avoid a potential rapid brightening of the display when flying into very dark situations.  With your current 10 setting, as the ambient light gets very low, your display and bezel will get darker and darker and darker and then when 10% of ambient light is reached, the dimming bus will take over and could result in a rapid brightening.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 12:02pm
So, 0 completely remove the dimbus from control?

The 10 seems to work, as when I wanted the panel lights on, the dimming happened to be about right.

With the original Avicurve gave me a blast of bright, or sometimes a very dim screen when I didn't want it. I probably just had it set up wrong.

Steve, can you post YOUR settings?

I'm hoping others will as well.

* Orest

oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2015 at 10:39pm
Anyone else for their lighting setups??

* Orest

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic