Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question about XM weather interfaces

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about XM weather interfaces
    Posted: 10 Feb 2015 at 2:52pm
I have two XM Weather receivers.  One uses Bluetooth to transfer the XM data, and the other uses the Baron Mobile Link box to transfer the XM data via WIFI.

I used the old Bluetooth receiver to drive a Windows tablet years ago.  I switched to the Baron Mobile Link and use that with Foreflight.

Since the 540 and 440 have Bluetooth and WIFI, is there any chance that either of these XM protocols will be supported?  The Baron Mobile Link (WIFI) supports up to 4 WIFI devices simultaneously.  I wouldn't mind having the data on the 540 and the iPad at the same time.

Edited by pburger - 10 Feb 2015 at 2:52pm
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2015 at 3:10pm
would be nice, but probably requires intense software development.
David Gates
Gary T View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2015 at 4:28pm
I hope the spring time software release (bluetooth & wifi) allows the IFD540 display to interface to
the more common ADS-B portable receivers (or XM) via wifi or bluetooth.  Maybe just wishful thinking?
Gary-T
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic