Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD540/440 Software Release 10.1.0.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 1:21pm
Will 10.1.0.0 allow the track box to be displayed in its current position on the map page at all times?
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 1:22pm
Yes,  you will have the option to display it full time or remove it full time from the map.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
JBR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 7:40pm
I just noticed that the draft of the new Pilot Guide omits the "intruder track" in both the text and diagrams. If in fact the intruder track will not be displayed, that is absolutely unacceptable.

The present version of the Pilot Guide shows the intruder track being displayed on the 540. Furthermore, your tech support has repeadedly told me that the intruder track should be displayed although it is not displayed on my very recently installed 540.

It is in Avidyne's interest to resolve this situation immediately.

Edited by JBR - 17 Apr 2015 at 7:41pm
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 8:03pm
JBR:

If you are talking about depiction of TIS-B traffic from an ADS-B receiver, Steve posted elsewhere on this board that they went down that road and as they are working on 10.1.0.0 cert through the FAA, an unanticipated objection arose from the Feds, so they are pulling TIS-B out of 10.1.0.0 (disabling it), and are going to work on that as a separate (but vigorously prosecuted) cert.

If you are talking about something else, never mind...

Edited by ddgates - 17 Apr 2015 at 8:48pm
David Gates
roltman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote roltman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 8:28pm
David,
I think you meant TIS-B as that was removed. FIS-B is the Wx aspect which will be in 10.1.0.0.
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by roltman roltman wrote:

David,
I think you meant TIS-B as that was removed. FIS-B is the Wx aspect which will be in 10.1.0.0.

Yessir, you are right.  My bad,  thanks.
David Gates
JBR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by roltman roltman wrote:

David,

I am talking about TIS traffic from a Garmin 330 transponder. See page 3-26 of the current Pilot Guide.
JBR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 9:11pm
On February 27, 2015, AviJake posted "Look for the one titled, "IFD540 Pilot's Guide Release 10.1.0.0 Draft.   Every word I changed or added is currently highlighted in yellow for easy finding." (emphasis added)

He certainly changed words describing the intruder track in the traffic display, but he did not highlight the changes in yellow or otherwise. Furthermore, in his elaborate description of the changes in Software Release 10.1.0, he never mentioned the absence of an intruder track. 

On my previously installed Garmin 530, I relied heavily on the display of the intruder track and found it to be essential in the heavily trafficked areas in which I normally fly. 

As stated previously, this situation is unacceptable. 

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 6:52am
The IFD540 does not support the TIS Track Lines.  TIS traffic will show up on the display but not the TIS track lines.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
310pilot View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 310pilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 9:26am
Very disappointed to learn that TIS B traffic is not included in 10.1!
Also, note that TIS A traffic (from a Garmin 330) will display on the IFD but the IFD will not display "Traffic Not Avail" when outside TIS-A coverage areas. This sets up a unsafe scenerio where you think there is no traffic but there actually is
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 9:26am
(Release 10.1.0.0 Certification Status Update - 21 Apr 2015)

It's not done yet.  The FAA is actively working the project and there is quite a bit of back-and-forth of data and question answering between us the the FAA reps.   Just the usual drill and nothing scary at this point.

Not clear on estimated sign off date/time yet.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
TomG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 2:39pm
Any updates on 10.1/MLB releases?

Thanks

Tom Goodwin
Tom G
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 2:58pm
Nope.  Still waiting.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
pburger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 9:32am
Steve/Simpson,

I was disappointed to learn that ADS-B traffic support was dropped from 10.1.  I currently have XM weather in the cockpit, and was eagerly awaiting the MLB-100/10.1 release to get the ADS-B traffic and weather.  

Is there a target for the implementation of traffic? Is it coming this year?
Will it be handled as a single item with priority, or will it be lumped with a bunch of other items and pushed to the next rev somewhere down the line?

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 5:25pm
Yes, it's coming this year.  It is lumped in with a bunch of other features.   ADS-B traffic has it's own TSO and to be TSO compliant means creating what the FAA and cert authorities recognize as a "Major" (as opposed to the much lower overhead and company self-certifying "Minor").   The overhead involved with a major is, well, major.  It makes much more sense to group several items into one "Major" instead of having multiple "Majors".
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
Bad1996 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bad1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 12:39am
So the 540 does no traffic (ADSB) at the moment ? What is displaying on the sim ?
jhbehrens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhbehrens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 2:34am
It does have traffic: TIS or TAS
roltman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roltman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by AviJake AviJake wrote:

Nope.  Still waiting.

So no feedback from FAA on this 90day stuff?

Based on my math July 5th is the magic date for 10.1.0.0. based on their 90days.  Unless it is 90 business days at which point it'd be Aug 12th.

tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 8:52pm
you can't schedule unbridled regulators.......

July 5th or 90 days doesn't mean anything.  They will get to it when they want to.

ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 9:20pm
Tony's right...it's government...

Reasonable expectations do not apply.

Avidyne should be able to put out ..our software upgrade.

The FAA approval process is for job preservation.

David Gates
SB Jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SB Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 10:16am
Jake,

I can't recall if I posted this previously, but my CNX 80 has a data card large enough to hold 2 sets of data.

When data updates are released one can download them to the datacard and the current data remains. The unit automatically selects the appropriate data on startup based upon date.

Regards, Jim
BobsV35B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobsV35B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 12:37pm

Hi Santa Jim,

It is amazing that those UPSAT engineers figured out how to do that better than ten yeas ago and Avidyne cannot do it today!

Happy Skies,

Old Bob

Old Bob, Ancient Aviator
TomG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TomG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 12:59pm
So true, but remember UPS developed this stuff for their aircraft fleet, and then sold it to GA.  Then they couldn't make enough money to keep the Corp happy so they sold the Company.    UPS has a market value of some 90 BILLION $ and Avidyne is 0.01% of that, MAYBE.  Just Sayin.   And the software interface is still much better then GARMIN, who also have gobbs more RD money then Avidyne.

In terms of R&D effectiveness I will take Avidyne any day.

I am confident they will get there.

Good stuff,

Tom Goodwin

Tom G
TomG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 1:27pm
Any chance we could get some kind of update on the current status of the update?  Has the AD changed or had any effect on what was planned for the release?  Things looked like they were progressing quite nicely, and now it has gotten very quiet.

Best regards,

Tom Goodwin
Tom G
scott View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 2:49pm
Yes some news would be great. 
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 5:26pm
(Release 10.1.0.0 Certification Status Update - 26 May 2015)

The updated documentation package that addresses the AD-related issue was submitted to the FAA today.   That wraps up all updated TSO submission data.   The last of the updated STC submission data should be in FAA hands on Wed 27 May.   A lot of the data had to be updated and reflown when the software was updated to resolve the AD issue.

The FAA is highly motivated to review, and if in their opinion it is warranted, issue approvals very quickly.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
TomG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 5:44pm
Steve-

Thanks for taking the time to update us.  This forum and the communication it fosters,  is one of the reasons I made my decision to purchase the IFD 540.  And very much looking forward to the MLB100.

Tom 
Tom G
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 5:46pm
Thanks Tom, we're glad you did.

I do like this forum.  We try to keep it no BS and I'm really glad all the rampant speculation and bullying that goes on in other forums does not occur here.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 8:53pm

The FAA is highly motivated to review, and if in their opinion it is warranted, issue approvals very quickly.

Once this is approved and 10.1 is available, will Avidyne be announcing their selected WiFi Bluetooth partners or will that happen at a later date?

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 8:17am
We won't(likely)  announce those until the wireless functionality is approved by the FAA since we don't know how long this will still take, and you can download the apps in the various Apps stores (that part is at the request of the WiFi partners).
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 8:50am
OK.  I had thought that when the FAA approves 10.1 this included the WiFi.  It seems this is a separate approval then.  Will it be a separate software upgrade to activate the Wifi when it is approved?
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 9:12am
The wireless (Wifi + BT) was originally scheduled for for the 10.1 release I believe. So as not to hold up 10.1, it was broken out of 10.1 when it became evident that the FAA would need more time to get the wireless approvals done.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 27 May 2015 at 9:13am
pburger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 11:09am
Wow!  That's a new one on me.  I must've missed it.

I remember when they delayed the ADS-B traffic display, but now the BT keyboard and WIFI to the mystery vendors is delayed, too?

My recollection was that the wireless was put off from the original certification to get to market quicker, but I sure thought the WIFI and BT were some of the big selling points of 10.1.  

To quote Tom Petty, "...the waiting is the hardest part..." 
KIM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KIM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 11:43am

Maybe we can get a actual and final list of changes ?

I hope we europ. pilots do not wait in vain!

Klaus
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 2:28pm
I think we all had the same expectation.

The run up was that a big reveal would happen at SNF which would include a more robust 10.1, WiFi, BT, and tablet app vendors.

Now it looks like 10.1 is largely GPS fixes, or at least that is my impression.
David Gates
Gring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 2:35pm
David, that is not the case at all.  I'm running 10.1.0.0 and there is substantial functionality & usability improvements in this release beyond the expected WIFI and BT capability.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by ddgates ddgates wrote:

Now it looks like 10.1 is largely GPS fixes, or at least that is my impression.

DD,

Have a look at the first post in this thread. There are 50 change items listed for 10.1

Sure, we'd all love to see the wifi/BT in, but I understand why it was deferred.

* Orest

ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 6:15pm
Orest/Gring:

I am aware of the shopping list, which after revision does some interesting things, but doesn't hit it over the fence.  The big hitters were new technologies using the embedded BT/WiFi access points.

If you want to correct me, consider:

There were announcements, and announcements, with the "coming soon" banner - all to be done before SNF.  WiFi, BT keyboard, apps to drive off the 540, TIS-B traffic, etc.

Better to avoid the "coming soon" rhetoric.  Companies get called to task on this.  Better to under promise and over deliver, rather than the reverse.

Some of us bought a fair amount of equipment and have limited flying careers temporally.

David G.

Edited by ddgates - 27 May 2015 at 6:17pm
David Gates
jhbehrens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhbehrens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 2:36am
The reality I fear is that the 540 is still so buggy that focus has to be on quality first.
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 9:32am
Originally posted by jhbehrens jhbehrens wrote:

The reality I fear is that the 540 is still so buggy that focus has to be on quality first.

Agree, my bigger fear is that if the are STILL GPS problems after 10.1, then people aren't going to trust that they'll be fixed in the next release like we've heard before.
cajungene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cajungene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 10:36am
Just started having issues with my 540. I was doing a IPC and planned to show off my box to my CFI. Well the box went into "Coast Mode" and had to re power it twice. Stayed up for about 15 mins then lost GPS again twice more. Lost lock 5 times in a 1.6 hour flight. Not good. Called tech support and will be sending in logs. Looking at the forum this scares me to death since it appears that this is not an uncommon issue. I had a GX-60 that was rock solid for over 2000 hours and replaced it with the 540. Thank god this happened in VFR and not on an LPV approach in the clag at night. Hope that the logs tell the tail. Not sure I can afford all the AOG time that it appears I will have to go thru to get to the bottom of this.

For you folks that have had to go thru these issues have you got any suggestions on what the issues might be or what the solution was beside swapping boxes?

Gene
ksdoc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksdoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 11:59am
Originally posted by cajungene cajungene wrote:

Just started having issues with my 540. I was doing a IPC and planned to show off my box to my CFI. Well the box went into "Coast Mode" and had to re power it twice. Stayed up for about 15 mins then lost GPS again twice more. Lost lock 5 times in a 1.6 hour flight. Not good. Called tech support and will be sending in logs. Looking at the forum this scares me to death since it appears that this is not an uncommon issue. I had a GX-60 that was rock solid for over 2000 hours and replaced it with the 540. Thank god this happened in VFR and not on an LPV approach in the clag at night. Hope that the logs tell the tail. Not sure I can afford all the AOG time that it appears I will have to go thru to get to the bottom of this.

For you folks that have had to go thru these issues have you got any suggestions on what the issues might be or what the solution was beside swapping boxes?

Gene

Gene,

Unfortunately, welcome to the club you never wanted to join! My journey has been long, as recorded in another thread.

I finally gave up and swapped back to the G530. Then my installer worked with another plane having the same problem, and came up with the idea to replace the antenna. Seemed to work in his plane, so I flew back up there, replaced with the 540 and got a new antenna. Well, it 'seemed' to work initially, but is now back to the same issue: Will not lock on GPS unless it is repowered at least once.

I would not recommend you swap out for a replacement 540, as I did three times, unless the logs or tech identifies a specific problem with your unit. I would send all the logs to tech support and then keep on them for an answer, did they find anything? They are helpful, but you have to keep engaged with them to get answers. You might try replacing the antenna, but there are no guarantees. Make sure the cable is WAAS approved. Sounds obvious but the other plane above did not have the right cable as he expected.

I have been told that the new update WILL correct the issue, as it is a pretty widespread problem, from what I gather on this site and others. SO, I'm waiting like everyone else for the release, and expect it to correct the problem.

Good luck

Larry

Edited by ksdoc - 28 May 2015 at 12:01pm
kansasdoc
cajungene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cajungene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 12:11pm
Larry thanks for the encouragement and guidance. Flew it for over 25 hours with no issue at all and now this pops up. Hope it was an anomoly, but looking at the posts I'm not so sure. As for the cable how do you tell if one is "WAAS Approved"?

Gene
ksdoc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksdoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 12:19pm
It is what my installer told me, so I would ask yours. I had a WAAS 530 before, and the cable was correct. In the other case, it wasn't, which was a surprise to the owner.

Your experience is similar to mine. I only had dropped GPS while flying. Then, in the last month, it would'nt even boot up at all, no signals. It was so bad that I had to reboot 4-5 times before it captured. After replacing the antenna, it now only needs 'one' reboot. I say that with frustration, it should do it first time EVERYTIME, like the 530 always did.
kansasdoc
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 7:30pm

The updated documentation package that addresses the AD-related issue was submitted to the FAA today.   That wraps up all updated TSO submission data.   The last of the updated STC submission data should be in FAA hands on Wed 27 May.   A lot of the data had to be updated and reflown when the software was updated to resolve the AD issue.

I'm glad they are motivated to review, but if data had to be resubmitted, does this restart the 90 days?  Also, is there a chance/risk that the GPS fix would be separated out of 10.1 to speed up addressing the emergency AD?
scott View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 1:23am
WAAS GPS cable is RG400. You can tell because it is thicker and has coper shielding like this:

Non WAAS cable is thinner and usually has a black jacket.
DavidBunin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 7:08am

Quote I'm glad they are motivated to review, but if data had to be resubmitted, does this restart the 90 days?

Typically yes.  The FAA technically never gives themselves an obligation to approve anything.  When a data package is submitted for approval, they have 90 days to review it.  By the end of that 90 days they are supposed to have their review complete.  From the complete review, they either ask a question, or grant approval.

When an applicant answers a question, that is considered a new submittal date, and the FAA's review clock starts again.  That (sadly) is the typical STC process.

Unless Avidyne was able to negotiate some kind of special deal...

brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 6:27pm
I guess what I'm hoping is the worst case scenario is that the original 10.1 90 days is unaffected and is still on track, but if there is a second 90 days for the AD - even though it is resolved with 10.1, it would just be a notice stating that we can remove the AD limitations that has to wait for the new 90 days.

I don't really blame the FAA for their stance, I'm familiar with similar policies and although they can be a pain, there is a reason.  The reasons I'm aware of (and I'm guessing why the FAA adopted it for their processes) is that people would apply for something prematurely and end up either retracting or modifying their application.  That isn't good for anybody and can have a terrible impact on other customers due to wasted resources.  To avoid that, you impose restrictions forcing whoever is applying to really have their act together.

The alternative is to have higher fees to incentivize people to get it right the first time, but that puts the little guy at a disadvantage.

Edited by brou0040 - 31 May 2015 at 6:28pm
jwjenks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwjenks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 11:44am
A week before the AD came out I did my first GPS approach in the clouds (to my home airport) on one of the AD identified approaches.  Indicator needles were way off but was able to follow the map course to a very safe landing.  Lucky I'm in flat NJ with no obstacles nearby and a ceiling of 1000'. I really need 10.1; and in the NYC and Phila area, need the Traffic and ADS-B in.
JWJ
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 8:21pm
iPad v10.1 downloaded today, very cool.  
We are all ready for the 540 version!

Tom Wolf
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic