Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD540/440 Software Release 10.1.0.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 8:05pm
Steve, My dealer has my upgrade kit and I will remind him of the update.  I'm delaying the upgrade until after my IFD440 ships so I can do this all at the same time.   How can I identify he has the right software updater utility?  Is there a version number or something?  Is it something they can download from the dealer area?  I would just hate to experience the brick phenomena.
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by AviJake AviJake wrote:

brou0040 is correct. 

However, we found and fixed a problem with the software updater utility today.     For some folks attempting to do a Rel 10.1 update using the upgrade kit and service bulletin, it will not work and instead will "brick" the box.   It's a long-winded and deeply technical reason and only affects a minority of people but it was our mistake to not have caught it.   There is no real way to predict which units will be affected (there actually is a way but it is so complicated that it's safer to assume you can't).

We recommend that nobody attempt any further 10.1 upgrades until they have the corrected file that we expect to distribute on Wed.

We plan to call every dealer (or end user for experimental guys) on Wed to make sure they know about this and have the corrected file.   This should all be behind us by Wed afternoon.

Whew, glad I lucked out.  Can I assume if you are able to complete the service bulletin successfully there will be no follow on action based on what you caught?
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 10:01pm
Yes, that is correct.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
Dlesh123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dlesh123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 12:04am
We are doing the upgrade to 10.1 tomorrow( Wed). Will the software be available on the net or will new kits have to be sent out?

AUXAIR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUXAIR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 9:44am

Support for loading flight plans from ForeFlight, and especially for our purposes, SAR patterns that have been created on the iPad, would be a terrific bonus. 

I am sure you have already considered the issue of loading plans created off-line in ForeFlight and other apps, but the ability to capture and load one "on the fly", if needed (such as in a search) would also be of great use to the community.

Thank you,

David

jhbehrens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhbehrens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 8:00am
Avidyne can you please post a pdf version of the new flight manual supplement on the website?
AviSimpson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 10:14am
Originally posted by jhbehrens jhbehrens wrote:

Avidyne can you please post a pdf version of the new flight manual supplement on the website?

Yes, we will post it here: http://www.avidyne.com/support/downloads/ifd-series.asp this week.

Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
KIM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KIM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 3:14am
Has anybody received the upgrade kit in Europe?
Klaus
woody0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woody0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 7:32am
Was the problem with the updater utility resolved? My dealer put me on hold for the update because of that, and hasn't rescheduled yet.
M20J N4702H (F45)
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 7:50am
Originally posted by KIM KIM wrote:

Has anybody received the upgrade kit in Europe?

Yes and from all reports, everything seems fine.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 7:51am
Originally posted by woody0 woody0 wrote:

Was the problem with the updater utility resolved? My dealer put me on hold for the update because of that, and hasn't rescheduled yet.

Yes, it was resolved the day it was discovered and posted.  All dealers were notified and the replacement uploader kit should have been distributed.   Let us know if your dealer thinks they are still missing it.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
wookie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 11:55am
I am working with my dealer. I'll be the guy doing his updates.  I don't have his log in credentials at this time, however.

I am working with the LIO AP card updater.   It's all proceeding according to the service bulletin, but I'm
afraid to hit "go" on the image update of the little micro SD card.  Why?

The 510-00304-00REV01.img file shows as 1.93GB.   The micro SD card shows a capacity of around 72 megabytes.

Seems like the file is way too big for the micro SD card.

What don't I know?      (don't answer that!!)

BH
BH
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 2:29pm
You should try it.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
wookie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by AviJake AviJake wrote:

You should try it.

Ok, I did.   Too little faith, I guess.  That and the rest of the update went fine, tho I got a little jolt when I encountered every allowable error listed.   The fix worked in each case.   Good job, Avidyne.    BH
BH
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2015 at 12:58pm
Glad to hear it.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2015 at 1:00pm
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
Bad1996 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bad1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 1:30pm
After the 10.1.0.0 update, my GPSS was not seeing the 540.
Before the update in Maint mode on the: Main ARINC 429 Config page the "out" was set to High - GAMA 429 Graphics w/Int

Afterwards, it did not work (GPSS) I changed it to LOW - GAMA 429 Graphics w/Int and it works.
There is also a new line high/low now too.

Any issue with changing this setting ?

Anyone see an issue
Bad1996 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bad1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by Bad1996 Bad1996 wrote:

Before the update in Maint mode on the: Main ARINC 429 Config page the "out" was set to High - GAMA 429 Graphics w/Int

Afterwards, it did not work (GPSS) I changed it to LOW - GAMA 429 Graphics w/Int and it works.

Anyone see an issue
DavidBunin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 7:04am

Quoting yourself now? :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 9:00am
Originally posted by Bad1996 Bad1996 wrote:

Anyone see an issue

That should work fine. Is it a STEC GPSS that you are using?

The new line "high/low" is for future features/use.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
Bad1996 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bad1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 9:41pm
Thanks,
It is the DAC GPSS.
LANCE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LANCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 10:19pm
I could not get a dealer to even return a call regarding a 10.1 update being done on my IFD540. Even the one who my IFD440 was shipped to said that they weren't comfortable tackling it. 

I watched the video, read all of the instructions, downloaded the files and asked an A&P friend of mine to "supervise" me. He was amazed at how many steps there were but it all worked fine. After the update all of the file names matched those in the instructions. The conformity checker showed that everything was OK. A couple of flights confirm that everything is working as it should. I could use a new "tamper proof" sticker though.

Edited by LANCE - 16 Sep 2015 at 10:20pm
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 7:18am
My dealer is a lot more supportive. I've had no issues with firmware updates and the rest.

I guess it is a mix out there.

* Orest
Leonard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leonard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 8:51am
Orest,

I've been watching the Progress of your new and updated panel.
The way It all went together I'd thought your dealer was part owner of your precious jewel!     LOL
DavidBunin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 2:51pm

Quote I could use a new "tamper proof" sticker though.

Lance, where in Texas are you located?  I'm in Dallas, and they sent me an extra sticker.

David Bunin

oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Leonard Leonard wrote:

Orest,

I've been watching the Progress of your new and updated panel.
The way It all went together I'd thought your dealer was part owner of your precious jewel!     LOL

Hee, hee. No, but I've contributed to his jewellery/cash box.

* Orest
jblodgett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jblodgett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2015 at 7:56pm
We (the avionics guy and I) just got around to doing that update today and it did not go well.  Programming the micro-SD card appeared to go ok but when we tried the next step with the USB stick not all of the software was there.  Specifically, "LIO Apps Processor" and "LIO Apps Boot" were hyphened out (see attachment).  The video instructions said that it would take as long as 10 minutes for all files to show up.  We waited about 20 minutes with no joy.  Because the instructions said not to proceed unless all the files were there we terminated the update procedure.  There were no instructions on what to do if all the files were not there.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Any suggestions on what to do?  The avionics guy is as clueless as I am.

Thanks,
Jim
Gring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2015 at 7:30am
You may want to wait until Monday and talk with tech support. However, if you want to try and address this today, I would

- power cycle the box
- go to the info status page software and see if it is populated after a bit. If not
- rerun the update
- power cycle the box
- go to the info status software page and you should see the software populated
- finish the update per the instructions

jblodgett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jblodgett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2015 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Gring Gring wrote:

You may want to wait until Monday and talk with tech support. However, if you want to try and address this today, I would

- power cycle the box
- go to the info status page software and see if it is populated after a bit. If not
- rerun the update
- power cycle the box
- go to the info status software page and you should see the software populated
- finish the update per the instructions

Tried all of that.  Still no joy.

-Jim
jblodgett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jblodgett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 4:24pm
Chris at Avidyne tech support helped me out on this and I got the new software loaded.  Here is the problem:  Do not follow the Youtube video instructions for updating the software.  Follow the printed instructions in the service bulletin word for word.  The video leaves out some key steps that you need to know about to get the job done.
SB Jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SB Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 5:23pm

Jake,

My IFD-540 & AXP 340 combo was installed in March and has been working flawlessly and I have been very pleased. I have not yet done any updates.

Questions:

1. Can I go straight to the latest software update version?

2. I registered not too long ago via MyAvidyne but have never received a printed owner's manual. How might I make sure I get one? Perhaps new manuals are being printed?

3. Is the cost of the 2 step upgrade covered by Avidyne?

4. Is it acceptable to use an Avidyne authorized dealer that is closer to my home field? That would save me time and money.

It is important to me that the updates go smoothly and the unit continues to perform well.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 8:56am
Originally posted by SB Jim SB Jim wrote:

Jake,

My IFD-540 & AXP 340 combo was installed in March and has been working flawlessly and I have been very pleased. I have not yet done any updates.

Questions:

1. Can I go straight to the latest software update version?

2. I registered not too long ago via MyAvidyne but have never received a printed owner's manual. How might I make sure I get one? Perhaps new manuals are being printed?

3. Is the cost of the 2 step upgrade covered by Avidyne?

4. Is it acceptable to use an Avidyne authorized dealer that is closer to my home field? That would save me time and money.

It is important to me that the updates go smoothly and the unit continues to perform well.

1. What level are you currently at for software?
2. PM or email (sbennett(at)avidyne.com) me your serial number for your unit and I can look it up.
3. The last 2 software updates are no cost to the end user. We do cover some labor on both 10.1 and 10.1.1
4. You can use any Avidyne Authorized dealer for software updates.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
SB Jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SB Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 10:33am
Hi Simpson,

I'll call you with the info. You know me from BeechTalk. Plus we talked at Oshkosh and again somewhere, Palm Springs perhaps?

Thanks. Jim
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic