Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Loss of VHF, com and nav both, common issue ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bad1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Loss of VHF, com and nav both, common issue ?
    Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 10:00pm
Around 1.25 hour into my flight today I lost all VHF for close to four or five minutes. Not good.
When it did come back on it was on completely different frequncies, at least on the comm side. I didn't check the nav frequncies.
Picture:
http://instagram.com/p/0RVIs9hxzh/

http://instagram.com/p/0RVIs9hxzh/

I also have a question.
When on an approach and getting the message of the upcoming turn and then the "TURN NOW"
Why does the turn now go away so fast, I mean it flashes once or twice and then the message is gone. So quick that most of the time I miss it. Left there for five seconds or so wouldn't hurt anything. As smart as this box is supposed to be it seems like it could see that you have started or are so far into the turn before the message goes away.

Edited by Bad1996 - 15 Mar 2015 at 10:13pm
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 2:37pm
Haven't heard of that happening in-flight since cert.   Can you supply the datalogs for that IFD?  You experienced some type of reset and we're very interested in determining what's going on here.

The "Next Leg in x sec" message is displayed for 10 seconds for turns up to 120 deg and 30 sec for turns of more than 120 deg.  Is that the message you are talking about?
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
Bad1996 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bad1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 10:10pm
Downloaded the logs earlier today, just tell me where to send them. It "seems" like the GPS/map didn't reset. Of course I was pretty focused on the radio part.

On the message, when that "next leg" turns into "turn now" after using it awhile for approaches it just seems like it goes away real quick. You see the "next leg" so you know it's coming but there is plenty of other stuff to look at and lots of times, the next time I look down there is nothing there. What is the second count for the "next leg" message ? Seems like it only flashes a couple times.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic