Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Procedural Checklists

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wabbatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Procedural Checklists
    Posted: 05 Apr 2015 at 4:55pm
As a newbie to the IFD540, can you please direct me to procedural checklists for in-cockpit use?

I've downloaded the simulator and read the Pilot Guide.

Thank you.
William Abbatt,
Patent Attorney
wabbatt@brookskushman.com
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2015 at 8:43pm
I'm not sure that really exists. What exactly are you looking for?

* Orest

topogen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topogen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2015 at 7:49am
I like to have a 'briefing' checklist with new equipment in the panel.  In my case, a simple modification to the start up checklist; however, more importantly, I designed an approach checklist customized to my panel (KAP140 autopilot) to help me organize and orient button pushing with the IFD540. I go over the approach checklist when I know the approach enroute. It needs to be customized to your specific platform of avionics.  I simply did several approaches (precision and non), made a few notes and then typed up and laminated some bullets on a 3x5 card.  This worked well for me.
Mark
Not all that counts can be counted
Wabbatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wabbatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2015 at 1:01pm
Thank you Mark!
William Abbatt,
Patent Attorney
Wabbatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wabbatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2015 at 1:06pm
Thanks for your reply.

The task lists that I'm looking for relate to start-up, flight planning, procedure execution, approaches, etc.

User-friendly, use-oriented, . . .

Perhaps the manufacturer might be able to help.

As a newbie to the equipment,  I'm reluctant to put much faith in lists that I might develop merely by reading the Pilot Guide . . . or playing with the simulator . . .

William Abbatt,
Patent Attorney
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic