Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - An easier way to make checklists/waypoints/routes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

An easier way to make checklists/waypoints/routes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: An easier way to make checklists/waypoints/routes
    Posted: 16 Aug 2015 at 11:52am
We created this capability in the run up to Oshkosh this year but for those folks who would like an easier way to create user checklists, user waypoints and flight plan routes in the comfort of their own home (or anywhere you have PC/internet access)......

If you download the latest PC app for 540 simulation, you should get three icons on your desktop - 540, 440, Mx apps.    Run the 540 and create your checklist (and this is easier than on the IFD because you have phyiscal PC keyboard which makes it much easier/faster).  Then run the Mx app to Save the checklist.    That will create a .dsf file and load it on your USB fob for use anytime you want on the actual IFD.   The same is true for user waypoints and stored routes.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2015 at 6:21pm
That is brilliant! I was wondering what the point of the maintenance mode was. Any chance that the simulator database can be updated, in much the same way?

* Orest

Risky52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Risky52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2015 at 8:08pm
AviJake,I have a FAT 32 2gb thumb drive and I made the checklist in the 540 sim and went to the Mx App and tried to download to the thumb drive. The MxApp does not seem to recognize that a thumb drive is available. The Mx app did show that a checklist was made, I just couldn't get it onto the thumb drive. I also did not see a .dsf file in the IFD folder.

Any help would be appreciated.
Wayne T.
AviSimpson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 10:14am
Originally posted by AviJake AviJake wrote:

We created this capability in the run up to Oshkosh this year but for those folks who would like an easier way to create user checklists, user waypoints and flight plan routes in the comfort of their own home (or anywhere you have PC/internet access)......

If you download the latest PC app for 540 simulation, you should get three icons on your desktop - 540, 440, Mx apps.    Run the 540 and create your checklist (and this is easier than on the IFD because you have phyiscal PC keyboard which makes it much easier/faster).  Then run the Mx app to Save the checklist.    That will create a .dsf file and load it on your USB fob for use anytime you want on the actual IFD.   The same is true for user waypoints and stored routes.

There will also be a tutorial video out in the next few days on this topic.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
topogen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topogen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 7:15pm
Numerous problems trying this 'short cut' approach to checklist....  In my PC download, I did not see an app called "Mx apps' so this one of the problems, among others...

Not all that counts can be counted
DavidBunin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 7:57pm

The file name should be "MxAppIfd.exe"

It's there on my PC.  You will need to have the current version of the simulator downloaded.

Risky52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Risky52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 11:32pm
I was able to download from MX app today. The usb I was using previously was not a FAT32 usb. Once I put the proper one into the slot the Mx app worked as advertised.
Wayne T.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic