Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What if the Waypoint Disappears

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What if the Waypoint Disappears
    Posted: 16 Aug 2015 at 6:46pm

What does the IFD do about a missing waypoint?  Suppose I have a flight plan (a stored route) that includes a certain waypoint, and in the new database update, that waypoint no longer exists?

I know what the G-brand product does.  It gives the pilot a cryptic "locked" message (either Waypoint Locked or Flight Plan Locked or something) and then there is a secret way to wade through the stored flight plans to determine which one is locked.

Is the IFD a little friendlier about this situation?  What happens if my waypoint disappears in the new database?

David Bunin

brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2015 at 10:42pm
I was wondering about the same thing if you used a custom waypoint, used that waypoint in a route, then deleted the waypoint.  I started wondering this because I was trying to create a custom waypoint from a rubber band waypoint and saw the rubberband waypoint in the WPT page.  I assume it doesn't save rubber band waypoints forever, but it seemed to keep it across "power cycles" if that route was stored.  This was all using the sim.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic