Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Release 10.1.1.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
DavidBunin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 4:10pm

Ok, cool.  I got the new Installation Manual, but I am still interested in reading the SIL when it becomes available.

Thanks, Alfred.  Tell Batman I said hi.

AviSimpson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 4:04pm
I'm going to have our website manager upload them first thing on Monday in the Documents & Download section. He was on vacation this week and I tried to upload them but failed.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 3:47pm

Originally posted by AviSimpson AviSimpson wrote:

The IM and SIL is available on the website and an email has been sent to dealers notifying them of the announcement. You should be able to walk into a shop today and have it wired/enabled. An email will be sent out to all customers this morning with the same information.

Simpson,

I'm not having any luck finding the SIL on the web site, and I didn't get an email.  Can you post a link to the data?

David

Edited by DavidBunin - 02 Oct 2015 at 3:57pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 10:44am
XM radar resolution will also be superior to ADS-B.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 9:34am

Correct. If you aren't a current or future MLB customer, you don't have to concern yourself with this.

Well, if I can get traffic and weather piped out through wi-fi to tablets, from the MLB and out the 540, I may well pull the trigger.

But otherwise, already have XM and TAS, and although I fly a lot in the US, I'm based in Canada, so all tolled ADS-B IN is not much value for me.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 02 Oct 2015 at 11:21am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 9:12am
Correct. If you aren't a current or future MLB customer, you don't have to concern yourself with this.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 9:20am

The IM and SIL is available on the website and an email has been sent to dealers notifying them of the announcement. You should be able to walk into a shop today and have it wired/enabled. An email will be sent out to all customers this morning with the same information.

I presume this only addresses ADS-B traffic IN, and the change/directions do not affect or enhance the functioning of my TAS unit, correct?

IOW, do I need to bother with this? I do not have, nor plan to get, an MLB.

* Orest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 8:28am
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 7:24am
I didn't hear that the FAA gave approval for ADS traffic.  Thats great.  I was holding off the install of the MLB 100 until that was out.  How soon do you expect to release the SL so it can be activated?
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 4:55pm
It's in there but it's not explicitly part of 10.1.1.0.  It's been in since 10.1 - we just didn't tell anyone how to activate it (via IM and SIL instructions) until the FAA gave us the blessing.

So, we didn't add any new code for ADS-B traffic as part of 10.1.1.0.  It's really just coincidental timing that we got FAA approval to use ADS-B traffic at about the same time.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
888dom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 888dom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 4:21pm
Did I miss something or is the ADS-B traffic not included in 10.1.1.0?
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 10:47am
Same parameters/settings as before in Mx Mode - the slope value now has a greater influence (now 1:1) such that 100% slope results in 100%  brightness.   We had previously empirically determined that 21% was the optimum max value generated by 100% slope during development a few years ago but we were wrong.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 10:10am
Originally posted by AviJake AviJake wrote:

21. Improved Avi-curve dimming curve such that a slope of 1 (100%) will give 100% brightness;

Sounds like a good thing that has been requested by more than one user.
Will there be new settings to configure in either the maintenance setup or the user setting pages?
Or this is just the new thing if Avi-curve is selected?

chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 5:05pm
2, 4, 17: Hurrah !!

Vince
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 10:38pm
USB squirt from fob. Much easier than 10.1 and a lot closer to 10.0.3 level of effort.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 10:37pm

Here is the list of items resolved/included in Release 10.1.1.0

What is the update procedure? I presume just a USB key insert, but does it take long, multiple steps like 10.1, or a little simpler given that it is a 10.x.X release, like the 10.0.3 update.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 28 Sep 2015 at 10:38pm
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 10:31pm
#3 - AUX page SYS tab the line select key on the left side of page changes from "Select" to "Status". The previous label was confusing to some users.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 10:26pm

3.Change the line select key label on the System Status tab;
13. Fix standby comm (monitor) volume attenuation problem;

Curious what #3 is.

Thank you for #13,  finally get to try the comm monitor out.

* Orest

tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 9:13pm
Thank you, 22 was the most important issue for me. 
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 8:16pm
Here is the list of items resolved/included in Release 10.1.1.0 - I know it's a little cryptic so I'll field questions as they arise.   This release should be available by the 3rd week of October:

1.Update nearest list at a higher rate;
2.Persist the FLTA User option across power cycles - this means whatever you've selected for FLTA status will stay instead of resetting at each power cycle;
3.Change the line select key label on the System Status tab;
4.Change some alerts to be delete on ack.  The updated Pilot Guide identifies which fall into this category.  This will have the affect of not leaving the "MSG" lamp on caution panels on for benign, acknowledged conditions;
5.Fix missing alert volume bar - the alert volume bar was previously inadvertently removed if an external TAWS system was identified as being present;
6.Fix Info tab map display - there was a bug where the Info tab map could be partially missing depending on map orientation;
7.Fix a bug where an IFD440 occasionally boots as 540;
8.Removes an OBS Deadband issue;
9.Fixes a visually corrupted chart display on the IFD540;
10.Map popup now shows contiguous airspaces as single pop-up;
11.Fixes a bug where User ID causes setup page to jump;
12.Adds pressure alt on ARINC429 transmit parameter;
13. Fix standby comm (monitor) volume attenuation problem;
14. Fixes a Regional vs. CONUS weather display conflict;
15. Enables OBS legs to display on EX500/600/5000 MFDs;
16. Fixes a bug where stored routes could display an incorrect airway;
17. Fixes a bug where Comm flip flop button occasionally would freeze up;
18. Removes nuisance FLTA off message in EGPWS equipped aircraft;
19.  Fixes deficiency with GPS PPS signal;
20.  More improvements to GPS signal integrity;
21 Improved Avi-curve dimming curve such that a slope of 1 (100%) will give 100% brightness;
22. Fixes a bug with Pilot Controlled Lighting and Super AWOS stimulation mic clicks;
23. Fixes a bug where button/knob functions could become inop.

Edited by AviJake - 28 Sep 2015 at 8:17pm
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic