Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Release 10.1.1.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Release 10.1.1.0
    Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 8:16pm
Here is the list of items resolved/included in Release 10.1.1.0 - I know it's a little cryptic so I'll field questions as they arise.   This release should be available by the 3rd week of October:

1.Update nearest list at a higher rate;
2.Persist the FLTA User option across power cycles - this means whatever you've selected for FLTA status will stay instead of resetting at each power cycle;
3.Change the line select key label on the System Status tab;
4.Change some alerts to be delete on ack.  The updated Pilot Guide identifies which fall into this category.  This will have the affect of not leaving the "MSG" lamp on caution panels on for benign, acknowledged conditions;
5.Fix missing alert volume bar - the alert volume bar was previously inadvertently removed if an external TAWS system was identified as being present;
6.Fix Info tab map display - there was a bug where the Info tab map could be partially missing depending on map orientation;
7.Fix a bug where an IFD440 occasionally boots as 540;
8.Removes an OBS Deadband issue;
9.Fixes a visually corrupted chart display on the IFD540;
10.Map popup now shows contiguous airspaces as single pop-up;
11.Fixes a bug where User ID causes setup page to jump;
12.Adds pressure alt on ARINC429 transmit parameter;
13. Fix standby comm (monitor) volume attenuation problem;
14. Fixes a Regional vs. CONUS weather display conflict;
15. Enables OBS legs to display on EX500/600/5000 MFDs;
16. Fixes a bug where stored routes could display an incorrect airway;
17. Fixes a bug where Comm flip flop button occasionally would freeze up;
18. Removes nuisance FLTA off message in EGPWS equipped aircraft;
19.  Fixes deficiency with GPS PPS signal;
20.  More improvements to GPS signal integrity;
21 Improved Avi-curve dimming curve such that a slope of 1 (100%) will give 100% brightness;
22. Fixes a bug with Pilot Controlled Lighting and Super AWOS stimulation mic clicks;
23. Fixes a bug where button/knob functions could become inop.

Edited by AviJake - 28 Sep 2015 at 8:17pm
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 9:13pm
Thank you, 22 was the most important issue for me. 
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by AviJake AviJake wrote:

3.Change the line select key label on the System Status tab;
13. Fix standby comm (monitor) volume attenuation problem;

Curious what #3 is.

Thank you for #13,  finally get to try the comm monitor out.

* Orest

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 10:31pm
#3 - AUX page SYS tab the line select key on the left side of page changes from "Select" to "Status". The previous label was confusing to some users.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 10:37pm

Here is the list of items resolved/included in Release 10.1.1.0

What is the update procedure? I presume just a USB key insert, but does it take long, multiple steps like 10.1, or a little simpler given that it is a 10.x.X release, like the 10.0.3 update.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 28 Sep 2015 at 10:38pm
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 10:38pm
USB squirt from fob. Much easier than 10.1 and a lot closer to 10.0.3 level of effort.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 5:05pm
2, 4, 17: Hurrah !!

Vince
DavidBunin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 10:10am

21. Improved Avi-curve dimming curve such that a slope of 1 (100%) will give 100% brightness;

Sounds like a good thing that has been requested by more than one user.
Will there be new settings to configure in either the maintenance setup or the user setting pages?
Or this is just the new thing if Avi-curve is selected?

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 10:47am
Same parameters/settings as before in Mx Mode - the slope value now has a greater influence (now 1:1) such that 100% slope results in 100%  brightness.   We had previously empirically determined that 21% was the optimum max value generated by 100% slope during development a few years ago but we were wrong.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
888dom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 888dom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 4:21pm
Did I miss something or is the ADS-B traffic not included in 10.1.1.0?
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 4:55pm
It's in there but it's not explicitly part of 10.1.1.0.  It's been in since 10.1 - we just didn't tell anyone how to activate it (via IM and SIL instructions) until the FAA gave us the blessing.

So, we didn't add any new code for ADS-B traffic as part of 10.1.1.0.  It's really just coincidental timing that we got FAA approval to use ADS-B traffic at about the same time.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 7:24am
I didn't hear that the FAA gave approval for ADS traffic.  Thats great.  I was holding off the install of the MLB 100 until that was out.  How soon do you expect to release the SL so it can be activated?
AviSimpson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 8:28am
The IM and SIL is available on the website and an email has been sent to dealers notifying them of the announcement. You should be able to walk into a shop today and have it wired/enabled. An email will be sent out to all customers this morning with the same information.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 9:20am
Originally posted by AviSimpson AviSimpson wrote:

The IM and SIL is available on the website and an email has been sent to dealers notifying them of the announcement. You should be able to walk into a shop today and have it wired/enabled. An email will be sent out to all customers this morning with the same information.

I presume this only addresses ADS-B traffic IN, and the change/directions do not affect or enhance the functioning of my TAS unit, correct?

IOW, do I need to bother with this? I do not have, nor plan to get, an MLB.

* Orest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 9:12am
Correct. If you aren't a current or future MLB customer, you don't have to concern yourself with this.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 9:34am

Correct. If you aren't a current or future MLB customer, you don't have to concern yourself with this.

Well, if I can get traffic and weather piped out through wi-fi to tablets, from the MLB and out the 540, I may well pull the trigger.

But otherwise, already have XM and TAS, and although I fly a lot in the US, I'm based in Canada, so all tolled ADS-B IN is not much value for me.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 02 Oct 2015 at 11:21am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 10:44am
XM radar resolution will also be superior to ADS-B.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 3:47pm

Simpson,

I'm not having any luck finding the SIL on the web site, and I didn't get an email.  Can you post a link to the data?

David

Edited by DavidBunin - 02 Oct 2015 at 3:57pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 4:04pm
I'm going to have our website manager upload them first thing on Monday in the Documents & Download section. He was on vacation this week and I tried to upload them but failed.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 4:10pm

Ok, cool.  I got the new Installation Manual, but I am still interested in reading the SIL when it becomes available.

Thanks, Alfred.  Tell Batman I said hi.

bellanca1730a View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellanca1730a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 5:05pm

XM radar resolution will also be superior to ADS-B.

While true, I have found the situational picture of ADS-B to be superior. XM paints an additional lower range of returns, which makes its overall picture appear more threatening than that of the ADS-B.
Sean Andrews
Bellanca Super Viking
Royski View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Royski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 10:07am

Does this fix the bug where the 540 could not receive pressure altitude from the 340?  We had to turn it off in my installation, as leaving it turned on broke mode C.

edbissada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edbissada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 1:12pm
Will number 15 also adjust the magenta line on the HSI (on the Avidyne Entegra R.8 PFD) when the OBS is set or is it strictly going to move it on the MFD.  If not, are you going address the change on the HSI magenta line at some point.

Another question is receiving info on updates.  I have never received any e-mails from Avidyne.  How do I get added to this list. 
cavu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cavu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 6:02pm
I am signed up for emails from Avidyne but I get no word of these Updates.  

1) How do I get notified?
2) Can I do this update without going back to the Avionic shop?

Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 6:47am
Originally posted by edbissada edbissada wrote:

Will number 15 also adjust the magenta line on the HSI (on the Avidyne Entegra R.8 PFD) when the OBS is set or is it strictly going to move it on the MFD.  If not, are you going address the change on the HSI magenta line at some point.

Another question is receiving info on updates.  I have never received any e-mails from Avidyne.  How do I get added to this list. 

Yes, we will adjust the magenta line on the HSI.

For email updates, you can sign up here: http://www.avidyne.com/landing/fms.asp
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 6:48am
Originally posted by cavu cavu wrote:

I am signed up for emails from Avidyne but I get no word of these Updates.  

1) How do I get notified?
2) Can I do this update without going back to the Avionic shop?

Thanks

We haven't sent communication out for 10.1.1 yet. Once it is ready, we will notify everyone that has signed up for our emails.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 11:39am

I'm going to have our website manager upload them first thing on Monday in the Documents & Download section. He was on vacation this week and I tried to upload them but failed.

Simpson,

I have been reviewing the installation manual at revision 5, and there is still the same error in Figure D-18 that existed when I first did my installation.

Pin 1 of P1001 from the IFD should connect to pin 24 of the CDI.  If you connect it to pin 18 as shown, it will NOT work.  If connected as shown, it will indicate Back Course mode on the CDI any time VOR or LOC is the active mode of the IFD.

David Bunin

drapo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 2:10pm
[QUOTE=AviSimpson] For email updates, you can sign up here: http://www.avidyne.com/landing/fms.asp[/QUOTE]

I tried to sign up, but I cannot input my Canadian adress, is there another way?
Dlesh123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dlesh123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 9:14pm
Try deleting everything after landing in the link. Then it worked for me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 9:57am
Originally posted by drapo drapo wrote:

[QUOTE=AviSimpson] For email updates, you can sign up here: http://www.avidyne.com/landing/fms.asp[/QUOTE]

I tried to sign up, but I cannot input my Canadian adress, is there another way?

The mailing address isn't a required field. You should be able to input the remaining information.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
drapo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 10:22am

Originally posted by drapo drapo wrote:

[QUOTE=AviSimpson]  

The mailing address isn't a required field. You should be able to input the remaining information.

The message I get is that it is a mandatory field!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 10:24am
It must be for the tshirt that we send you when you register. In that case, you can email me your information (sbennett(at)avidyne.com) and I will manually add you to the list.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
pburger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 10:50am
T-shirt??  Oh now you've done it!

I'll take an XL please. 

tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 11:46am
I'll take a large!
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 11:47am
Me too!!
David Gates
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 11:47am
Me too. :)
sikhpilotmd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sikhpilotmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2015 at 7:11am
Is the bt keyboard still in the works?
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2015 at 7:17am
Originally posted by sikhpilotmd sikhpilotmd wrote:

Is the bt keyboard still in the works?

Yes, but not until 10.2 which is the next major software release.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2015 at 8:13am

I got a Pilots Guide, but no T-shirt.

XL please, I'll wear it proudly.

David Bunin

sephi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sephi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 8:36am
I have yet to get my pilot's guide or a t-shirt. 
Is there a t-shirt available?  My panel is almost all avidyne.  2xl if possible.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 2:55pm
Sorry for the late reply, if you are interested in a stylish Avidyne Insider Tshirt, email me at sbennett(at)avidyne.com. We have Large and XL.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
glassanza View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glassanza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 6:10pm
So did you run out of small/medium or just assume most buyers are more robust....
GDC25
Bjohnson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bjohnson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 10:05am
Is there any update on the release of 10.1.1.0?  Or is this a foolish question given

bureaucratic labrynith of the FAA? Just getting anxious....

Brian J.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 9:19pm
(Release 10.1.1.0 Status Update - 20 Oct 2015)

Good timing on the question.    We just got TSO for 10.1.1.0 BUT......as we were performing company flight test as part of the STC side yesterday we found a nasty little behavior that was highly undesirable and needs fixing.    The issue happened while performing a Direct-To to the FAF which resulted in a discrepancy between the magenta line on the map and the deviation bar on the CDI.  The fix was created today and regression testing has begun.

The downside to this is that this change *may* result in more FAA involvement than had been planned.  They had fully delegated the STC to us which meant company flight test only and a couple day document  turn by the FAA.   We should know for sure in a day or three if that will come to pass.  Therefore, it's not clear if we'll have TSO/STC in a week or if it will be another two weeks.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2015 at 9:35am
So will that make it 10.1.1.1 or 10.1.2.0 or will it still hit the streets as 10.1.1.0?
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2015 at 9:37am
10.1.1.0. We're resubmitting our docs with appropriate revisions.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
jwjenks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwjenks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 10:12pm

Like Royski  I too must disable the RS232 link to my AXP340  transponder to get the Mode C to broadcast Pressure Altitude.
Why use the grey code when the GPS is usually better?
JWJ
MysticCobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MysticCobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2015 at 10:56am
Originally posted by jwjenks jwjenks wrote:

Why use the grey code when the GPS is usually better?
Because for now (and for the foreseeable future), ATC is still all about pressure altitude, not GPS altitude.  It's not about which one's "better", it's about making sure everyone's reporting altitude using a consistent reference.
AzAv8r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzAv8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2015 at 10:58am
GPS may be typically better, but not everybody has it (yet).   ATC needs to see equivalent altitude reports from all aircraft.   The way the FAA ensures this is to have transponders report pressure altitude rather than some other form of altitude.  GPS wasn't around when this decision was made, but imagine if the transponder reported indicated or baro altitude.  Aircraft at the same altitude, in the same vicinity, but with different altimeter settings would report different Mode C altitudes, perhaps indicating no collision risk when in fact such a risk was imminent.  

Perhaps in the future when all aircraft report ADS-B out it would be possible to switch the standard to GPS altitude.  I think the likelihood of such a decision by the FAA is extremely low for at least a few decades - I think it more likely that at some point well after 2020 the transponder will not be required for UAT ADS-B out equipped aircraft.

If you have a serial source of pressure altitude (Aspen, recent ACK A-30), that can be the input to the transponder instead of the parallel Gray code.   The serial altitude provides a higher resolution pressure altitude (to 10', rather than the 100' of the Gray code).   The 340 has two dedicated Serial inputs: one for Altitude, one for GPS Position.  The install manual notes that if you connect the parallel code, it will be used, even if the serial input is present.

Jon

Harmik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2015 at 5:07pm

Any news as to when the 10.1.1.0 will be available?

Thanks,

Harmik

Thanks,

Harmik
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic