Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Release 10.1.1.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 8:58am

Originally posted by Harmik Harmik wrote:

Any news as to when the 10.1.1.0 will be available?

The only correct answer is "when the FAA says so".

Let's hope the government poops it out before they go on break for the holidays this year.

David Bunin

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 9:02pm
(Release 10.1.1.0 Status Update - 2 Nov 2015)

We made the necessary changes and have re-submitted.   We have TSOA approval but we're waiting on the STC approval before we can distribute.  *Should* be late this week or early next week......
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
Harmik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2015 at 3:16pm
Thank you.
Thanks,

Harmik
Old Bob Siegfried View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Bob Siegfried Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2015 at 4:33pm
For what it is worth--- Standardization is the mortal enemy of innovation. We have met the enemy and it is US!!

Happy Skies,

Old Bob
Old Bob
Bjohnson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bjohnson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 5:59pm

I know it's the same question, but is there any update on the 10.1.1.0 release that you understandibly  thought might be out by now?  I have this awesome Avidyne avionics suite and it's getting rather frustrating flying the IFD440's with all the glitches. 

Brian J.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 8:04pm
We'll try talking to the FAA on Thursday but when last I checked a few days ago, it was "any day now".
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 11:10pm
Steve,
I am about to have a 440 installed to keep my 540 company, and hopeful for the v10.1.1 fix of Standby Monitor attenuation Fix ... 

I am Looking hard at choosing Jeppeson on 540 (over Aspen MFD) for Approach plates, and wondering if you have any words of optimism for future plans - ? v10.2 - to incorporate improved Jepp/Avidyne programming for:

1.  Easier entry points for picking Apt Approach Charts, like from 
"Nearest" list, or "Info"page on Apts.

2.  Automatic (Geo-Referenced) Apt Diagram, upon landing.
3.  Display Low Enroute Charts with Victor Airways MEA's, etc as part of ChartView.

Thanks for your input, and ?? timeline.

Tom Wolf
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 7:09am
Tom,

Regarding #2, I had also suggested to have the charts follow the aircraft position on both the approach and upon landing so that you don't have to continually move the chart with your finger to stay "up with the aircraft" movement.  Their EX500 has this ability and was told it will be coming in a future update.
tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 7:14pm
I wonder what happened in the FAA meeting today.....
Harmik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 11:20am
Originally posted by AviJake AviJake wrote:

(Release 10.1.1.0 Status Update - 2 Nov 2015)

We made the necessary changes and have re-submitted.   We have TSOA approval but we're waiting on the STC approval before we can distribute.  *Should* be late this week or early next week......

AviJake,

Any news?  I am taking my plane back to the IFD installer for some work this week.  It would be nice if they can upgrade the software at the same time. 

Thanks,

Harmik
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2015 at 8:57am
I'll check with the guys back at the building (I'm traveling overseas right now).   Last I new, it was still "any day now".
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
warrenc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warrenc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2015 at 12:33pm
I really hope 10.1.1.0 is released soon.  The flip flop switch on my 540 doesn't just freeze occasionally, it's about 90% of the time.  So I use com 2, which is the 440.  Yesterday, on an IFR flight, I had an electrical failure of alt. 1 and battery 1, on my Cirrus.  The Essential bus powered by a small alt 2 and batt 2 only feeds limited items, com 2 is not included.  So, I was essentially NORDO, since I can't switch frequencies on the 540.
Warren
MysticCobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MysticCobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 7:42am
Originally posted by warrenc warrenc wrote:

I really hope 10.1.1.0 is released soon.  The flip flop switch on my 540 doesn't just freeze occasionally, it's about 90% of the time.  So I use com 2, which is the 440.  Yesterday, on an IFR flight, I had an electrical failure of alt. 1 and battery 1, on my Cirrus.  The Essential bus powered by a small alt 2 and batt 2 only feeds limited items, com 2 is not included.  So, I was essentially NORDO, since I can't switch frequencies on the 540.
That really sounds like more than a software glitch, to me.  Seems like there are way too many folks using 10.0.0.3 and 10.1.0.0 without having that much trouble with the flip-flop switch.

Edited by MysticCobra - 30 Nov 2015 at 7:43am
mgrimes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgrimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 9:52am
I am not sure if it is the same issue ... but I have found that when this happens if I press on the standby frequency again like I am going to change it (basically re-select it)  - then flip-flop will work.

Thanks,
Mike
warrenc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warrenc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 4:28pm
Mike.  I will try that whenever I get the plane back.  I know it has the latest software, was just installed 3 weeks ago.
Warren
scott View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 10:22am
Any update on the approval for 10.1.1.0?
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 10:32am
I have a feeling there will be no further updates until it is released as Avidyne said they were just waiting on the FAA and it was "any day now."  That could be anything to the FAA. :)
klelpers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klelpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by warrenc warrenc wrote:

Try turning the "keyboard convenience" off on both radios. That solved my flip flop problem. I didn't try it, but I'm guessing if I had just shut it off on the 440, it would have resolved the problem.

warrenc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warrenc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by mgrimes mgrimes wrote:

I am not sure if it is the same issue ... but I have found that when this happens if I press on the standby frequency again like I am going to change it (basically re-select it)  - then flip-flop will work.

Thanks,
Mike

Just an update.  I got my plane back after a new alternator.  Flew an Angel Flight and experienced the failure of the flip flop switch occasionally.  I used your procedure, and it works.  Thanks for the info.  Now, I will just wait for 10.1.1.0.
Warren
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Harmik Harmik wrote:

Any news as to when the 10.1.1.0 will be available?

Thanks,

Harmik

Its almost 2015 year's end - Any news is welcome, even bad news!

Many of us would like to combine squawk lists for efficiency and time our return visits to our Avidyne shops with ever increasing lists of fixes.

Give us some hope, Jake (Avidyne).

Tom Wolf
AviSimpson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 1:45pm
Jake is currently out of the office.

I think we will have an update in the next couple days.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
DavidBunin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 2:28pm

Originally posted by n7ifr n7ifr wrote:

would like to combine squawk lists for efficiency and time our return visits to our Avidyne shops with ever increasing lists of fixes.

You're doing it wrong, Tom.  The squawk list is supposed to decrease over time.  :)

++++++++++++++

I've been involved in a couple of certification projects over the years. After the first week of December, it's real hard to get any kind of feel for whether or not the FAA will grant approval before their holiday break. By the 20th you know they won't.

In other words, either the FAA approval will come in the next few days, or it won't come before next year.  And if it doesn't come before next year, it always takes them most of January to "catch up" from being out of the office.  (Somehow the thing they were "days away" from finishing before they left takes weeks to get done once they're back.)

Meanwhile, the applicant (i.e. Avidyne) is essentially helpless at this stage.  You can only ask your FAA contact "are we there yet" so many times before they threaten to pull this car over and spank somebody.

David

tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 6:18pm
we are getting into the use or loose period.  I doubt you will see this release in 2015.  But I'm been surprised before....
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 6:42pm
FAA has their priorities, but to be fair, they've been at it longer...

Edited by brou0040 - 10 Dec 2015 at 6:42pm
mfb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2015 at 11:06am

I just got an email from my Avidyne dealer/installer.

He says that he just got back from an Avidyne "dealer council" and that the 10.1.1 release is available. I should come on in to get it installed.

What's up with that? Does he know something that we don't? Or is he a little eager?

Mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2015 at 11:45am
R10.1.1 has been approved and is released to dealers as of this morning.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
mfb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2015 at 12:01pm

!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the good news!

Mike

PA20Pacer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PA20Pacer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2015 at 12:24pm
Hi Simpson-

Great news! The obvious next question is whether this is something that can be installed by an A&P or whether we will need to take the box to the dealer for the upgrade.

Regards,

Bob
Bob Siegfried, II
Brookeridge Airpark (LL22)
Downers Grove, IL
tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2015 at 12:25pm

Simpson, The is great news!  How big an effort is the update?  Is it just done via the front panel via a USB or does the unit have to come out of the airplane?  Is the update good for both the 540 and 440?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2015 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by tony tony wrote:

Simpson, The is great news!  How big an effort is the update?  Is it just done via the front panel via a USB or does the unit have to come out of the airplane?  Is the update good for both the 540 and 440?

The update is field loadable, USB upload, so the unit doesn't need to come to us. Additionally it is available at no charge.

All the data is available to Avidyne Dealers and is available via our Dealer portal. The update does add some enhancements to both the IFD540 & IFD440.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
pburger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2015 at 2:18pm
Simpson,

With the 10.1 upgrade, Avidyne compensated the dealers so it was no cost to the end user.  Will this be the same?  If not, is there any way a user can do this update? Please advise.

MysticCobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MysticCobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2015 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by pburger pburger wrote:

Simpson,

With the 10.1 upgrade, Avidyne compensated the dealers so it was no cost to the end user.  Will this be the same?  If not, is there any way a user can do this update? Please advise.

He already did, in the post right above yours:

Originally posted by AviSimpson AviSimpson wrote:

The update is field loadable, USB upload, so the unit doesn't need to come to us. Additionally it is available at no charge.

Edited by MysticCobra - 11 Dec 2015 at 2:50pm
pburger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2015 at 5:05pm
My question was addressed specifically to Simpson, but I realize this is a public forum.

Simpson's post said "it is available at no charge".  He did not specifically state "no charge to the end user".  That could mean that Avidyne won't charge for it, but the dealer might charge for the time to plug the USB stick in, monitor the update process, and then verify that everything is still okay afterwards.  

My question asked whether or not Avidyne would be compensating dealers for their time spent upgrading the boxes, and if not, was there a way that the user could just do it themselves.

Hopefully you're right, Cobra.  I'm sure Simpson will respond in due course and we'll know for sure.
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2015 at 5:08pm
In the past I've downloaded my updates and installed with my A&P signing off.

Can we do this again, please?
David Gates
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2015 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by ddgates ddgates wrote:

In the past I've downloaded my updates and installed with my A&P signing off.

Can we do this again, please?

That's my plan as well.
comancheguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comancheguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2015 at 10:01am
Where do you download it FROM? 

Ken
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2015 at 10:14am
Cobra is correct.  The update is free to us users.  I would assume that Avidyne compensates the shops for their time to install it (as long as they are an Avidyne dealer) much like a warranty job done by a shop that is covered.  If the install is done and signed off by an A&P, they would not be paid for their time.  This is how the last software changed worked.
AUXAIR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUXAIR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2015 at 10:28am
Thank you!  Appreciate all the effort in getting this approved.
David E.
Cessna 182 RG II
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2015 at 10:37am
Originally posted by teeth6 teeth6 wrote:

If the install is done and signed off by an A&P, they would not be paid for their time.  This is how the last software changed worked.

I'm not sure how many fall into this category, but it's cheaper for me to pay my A&P than it is for me to fly to the avionics shop even if their labor is free.  It's also much more convenient for me personally since it's ~1 hour for me to head to the airport and get my A&P to load it rather than ~5 hours for the trip to the avionics shop and back.

My A&P also works weekends so I don't have to take time off of work, but my avionics shop does not.
DavidBunin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2015 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by comancheguy comancheguy wrote:

From the dealer's side of the Avidyne web site (link below). The link says "dealers" but I think anybody can access it. Scroll down to the bottom three files.  One is the service bulletin with the instructions.  Put the other two on a USB stick and head for the airplane.

http://dealers.avidyne.com/downloads/ifd540-release-10-1.asp

I did mine today, and the loading took less than half an hour.  Make sure you have a power supply that can sustain the avionics for at least 45 minutes before you start.

David

comancheguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comancheguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 12:36pm
Thanks!  I knew that DL'd the 10.1 update from someplace, then had my installer do it, since it was "involved".   I didn't see the link on the side this time.  
Ken

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 1:05pm
If the update is done by an Avidyne Authorized Dealer, we will cover 1 hour of labor for the update. All they need to do is fill out an RMA.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
rolfe_tessem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolfe_tessem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 3:46pm
Just for clarification, I can do this under the supervision of my A&P and he can sign it off, as long as I'm willing to forgo the 1 hour reimbursement?

Thanks,

Rolfe

pburger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 10:19pm
Thanks for the clarification, Simpson.  Since my original installing shop has broken up with me, I'll have a new shop do the 10.1.1.0 upgrade.  
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by rolfe_tessem rolfe_tessem wrote:

Just for clarification, I can do this under the supervision of my A&P and he can sign it off, as long as I'm willing to forgo the 1 hour reimbursement?

Thanks,

Rolfe

Yes, anyone with log book sign off authority can sign off  this update.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
LANCE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LANCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by DavidBunin DavidBunin wrote:

Originally posted by comancheguy comancheguy wrote:

From the dealer's side of the Avidyne web site (link below). The link says "dealers" but I think anybody can access it. Scroll down to the bottom three files.  One is the service bulletin with the instructions.  Put the other two on a USB stick and head for the airplane.

http://dealers.avidyne.com/downloads/ifd540-release-10-1.asp

I did mine today, and the loading took less than half an hour.  Make sure you have a power supply that can sustain the avionics for at least 45 minutes before you start.

David

I did my IFD540 and IFD440 yesterday with no problems - instructions are very straight forward.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 12:36pm
To update the initial posted list of Release 10.1.1.0 content, here's what it has as released:

1. Update Nearest Airport to Destination When Filter Changes - When the filter used to define displayed/usable airports changes, the criteria used to update the nearest airport to destination list will now be updated too. (Enhancement)

2. Add Mx Mode Capability to Test Transponder Discretes - Adds a capability in Maintenance Mode for installers to validate and/or troubleshoot transponder installations (e.g. test Air vs Ground transition) (Enhancement)

3. Add Port Monitor Capability to Maintenance Mode - Adds a capability in Maintenance Mode for installers to validate the data streams in/out of each com port. (Enhancement)

4. Persist the User Option selection for FLTA On/Off - Persists the User Option selection for FLTA On/Off across power cycles. (Enhancement)

5. LSK Label Change - The LSK soft title on the AUX page, Status tab changes from “Select” to “Status” for additional clarity. (Enhancement)

6. Increase Refresh Rate of NRST Page - Improve the displayed bearing and distance fields of each Nearest row to be updated in real time (up from the present 15 sec refresh rate). (Enhancement)

7. Improve AviCurve Dimming Curve - Alters the impact of the slope parameter to allow the maximum slope value to permit 100% brightness setting instead of the previously capped 21% value after significant feedback from installers and end users. (Enhancement)

8. Removes Nuisance FLTA Off and FLTA Inhibited CAS Messages - Previous to this change, when an external TAWS system was present, the system would display a permanent “FLTA Off” or “FLTA Inhibited” CAS message depending on aircraft position. While technically true, this was considered a great nuisance to installers and customers who were equipped with external TAWS to include a constantly lit “MSG” lamp. This change suppresses those CAS messages when external TAWS is present. (Enhancement)

9. Makes More CAS Messages Delete on Ack - Changes several CAS messages behavior to be delete on acknowledgement in an effort to reduce persistence of nuisance “MSG” lamp. (Enhancement)

10. Restore Aural Alerts Volume Adjust Capability in TAWS Aircraft - Restores the inadvertent removal of the aural alert volume adjust capability and bar when an external TAWS system is present. Previously, by selecting the external TAWS system in Mx Mode, the aural alert volume adjust capability was removed which didn’t permit the non-TAWS aural alert volumes to be adjusted. (Bug Fix)

11. Fix Info Map Display - Fixes a defect where the lower half of the map thumbnail on the INFO tab of the FMS page was missing when the main map was in heading up mode. (Bug Fix)

12. Improve Pilot Controlled Lighting/Super AWOS Triggering - Improves the quick on/off cycling of the VHF transmit function to permit the 5 click in 5 seconds and 7 click in 5 second triggers for PCL and Super AWOS. Previously, quick mic clicks could be missed due to slow transmit or clipping behaviors. (Bug Fix)

13. Fix IFD440 Boot Behavior - Corrects a defect where an IFD440 could occasionally boot as an IFD540 which provided offset display pages. (Bug Fix)

14. Improve OBS Deadband Behavior - Improves precision and responsiveness of pilot controlled OBS course setting. The previous implementation had some lag in responsiveness such that it became difficult to control the OBS course setting without overshooting the desired course setting or it required excessively slow and methodical course setting pilot techniques. (Enhancement)

15. Fixed Clipped and/or Distorted Charts - Corrects a defect in which some Approach and Procedure charts were clipped or visually distorted. (Bug Fix)

16.  Improvements to OBS Control - changes to help in OBS control behavior (Enhancement)

17. Improves Map Popup Depiction of Airspace Altitudes - Improves the resolution of the map popup information box depiction of airspace in dense and overlapping airspace regions. (Enhancement)

18. Corrects Jump in Display Field of View - Corrects a defect that resulted in a jump in the field of view of the User Options page when using a specific combination of touch and knob inputs. Previously, if an edit were made to a User Option parameter using the specific combination of touch and knob input, the change would take hold but the page would jump to display a different section of the page. (Bug Fix)

19. Transmit Pressure Altitude - Adds the Pressure Altitude 429 label to the output stream of the IFD to facilitate integration with ADS-B In receivers. (Enhancement)

20. Correct Standby Com Monitor Volume Attenuation Defect - Corrects a defect that would attenuate the volume of the active and standby com frequency channels to 50% when the Standby Com Monitor function of the audio panel was selected for use. (Bug Fix)

21. Correct Conflict in FIS-B Regional vs CONUS Radar Depiction - Corrects a defect that would incorrectly depict weather radar tiles when a combination of range changes and product display selections were made. (Bug Fix)

22. Enable Display of OBS Legs on EX5000, EX600, EX500 Displays - Adds OBS leg information to the output stream of the IFD to facilitate display of that active OBS leg on the Avidyne legacy MFDs. (Enhancement)

23. Stored Route Retrieval Recalls Proper Airway - Corrects a defect where a route containing overlapping airways gets stored and then later retrieved for use but would use the “other” overlapping airway which was a source of confusion to the user. (Bug Fix)

24. Correct Non-Responsive Frequency Swap Command - Corrects a defect where a specific set of touches and bezel control inputs would make the frequency swap function lock out. (Bug Fix)

25. Enhance GPS Pulse Per Second (PPS) Signal Precision - Enhances the precision of the periodicity of the PPS signal to be ARINC compliant to facilitate future integration with ADS-B transceivers. (Enhancement)
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 2:13pm
Thanks for the update Steve, my 10.1.1 goes in tonight.

* Orest

rolfe_tessem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolfe_tessem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by AviJake AviJake wrote:

Originally posted by rolfe_tessem rolfe_tessem wrote:

Thanks,

Rolfe

Yes, anyone with log book sign off authority can sign off  this update.

Thanks for that clarification Steve -- I've looked at the service bulletin and am confident that we can handle this locally.

Rolfe

oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 7:50pm
Ha, just updated the IFD540 to the 10.1.1 firmware. All went smooth, just under 30 min.

Way cool, LIO_BT appeared as available on a BlueTooth scan, and LIO_WIFI was up on WiFi.

* Orest

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic