Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD 440 specific questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD 440 specific questions
    Posted: 05 Dec 2015 at 7:40am
So I was waiting for 10.1.1 to come out before I installed my 440, but I got tired of waiting and installed it yesterday.  It's funny how spoiled I have become (and didn't realize it) using the cool features of the 540.  I never look up frequencies anymore.  I just push the the freq button on the 540 and load stuff in (AWOS, unicom, etc.) from the lists.

So I'm looking for the freq button on the IFD 440 and well duh, its not there because there is no room.  So when I get home I pull out the manual to see how I can automate the tuning process on the 440.  On page 1-16 on the 440 manual its says:  

A more automated way to tune a com frequency is to press the “FREQ” button along the right edge of the bezel. This will present a list of likely frequencies and that list can be scrolled via an up/down motion with touch or via twisting the right hand knob. If touch was used, double tap on the row that you want to put into the #1 Standby. If the knob was used to scroll through the list, push the knob in to put the frequency into the #1 Standby slot.  

Is this just a cut and paste error or am I missing something?  is there a way I can nominate a frequency from the list on the 540 and load it into the standby on the 440?

tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2015 at 8:00am
well I answered one question:

The following list of data will never be shared between two IFDs no matter how they are configured:  

Com/Nav frequency selections (therefore no cross-side tuning or display);

:(
Jack Seubert View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Seubert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2015 at 9:50am
Jack Seubert
Jack Seubert View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Seubert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2015 at 9:57am
Tony,
One neat feature of the 440 described on page 1-17 and 1-18 Frequency list.  When I turn that frequency select knob it brings up that Frequency list box just like the 540. Once the page is displayed, you can turn the right knob outer knob, or just touch the label to select a different tab. Give that a try next time you go flying. 
Jack

Jack Seubert
tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2015 at 12:10pm
Jack, I tried it. Worked just as you described.  

Edited by tony - 06 Dec 2015 at 6:53pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic