Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Target date for 10.2??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Target date for 10.2??
    Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 10:01am
Steve/Simpson,

Is there a current target date for 10.2?  What is the current status?  Is it in the FAA's hands?

I've been patiently waiting on the  "Active Waypoint Direct Info" and the "Direct Distance to Active Waypoint" datablocks.  These were promised on Feb 16, 2015, and I know they will be a part of 10.2.  I'm sure there will be a lot of other cool features, but I really want those new datablocks!

I flew a missed approach on Sunday that included a hold with 4nm legs.  The fix was a GPS fix, so there is no DME available (yes, I still have DME).  Of course when I cross the fix inbound, it tells me I'm 9.5nm from it.  So, instead of watching the distance go from 0 to 4nm as I track outbound, I have to watch it go from 9.5 down to 4.75 and then make my turn.  Yes, I know this is how it is designed, and no, I don't like it, and no I do not have GPSS... yet.  The new datablocks will put this to bed for me.

I will say that I finally got to fly an LP+V approach with the IFD-540 with vertical guidance (post 10.1).  Awesome! Very cool to fly an ILS-style approach to the private grass strip where I live.  Now I know what all my neighbors with Garmins have been raving about for so long.

Edited by pburger - 26 Jan 2016 at 10:03am
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 10:04am
Those two datablocks are definitely in Release 10.2.

I am not willing to release a target date for 10.2.  In every past pre-announced release, it has been a giant distraction defending schedule changes and uncertainty.    Trying not to stick my finger in that electric socket this time around.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
edanford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edanford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 10:42am
Reminds me of the definition of insanity :)

I  would like details of 10.2 even if we don't get a date
Ed
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 10:47am
Originally posted by edanford edanford wrote:

I  would like details of 10.2 even if we don't get a date

I understand but I'm also going to hold off on the content list.  It's a giant release, feature-wise and some is competitively sensitive.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 10:54am
Originally posted by AviJake AviJake wrote:

I understand but I'm also going to hold off on the content list.  It's a giant release, feature-wise and some is competitively sensitive.

Understood!

But boy, now I'm in even more anticipation!

* Orest

pburger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 4:01pm
Roger that Steve.  I'll continue holding until advised, or until I run out of fuel... 
Paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by pburger pburger wrote:

Roger that Steve.  I'll continue holding until advised, or until I run out of fuel... 

Never accept a hold without a release time.  Otherwise if your radio fails you have no way out.

Although when Steve tells us to wait I don't think he'll accept "Unable" as a response.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic