Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > TAS600 Systems and ADS-B
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TAS600 Series Product Suggestions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyingLester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TAS600 Series Product Suggestions
    Posted: 24 Jun 2010 at 9:25am

This AvidyneLive topic is for product suggestions for the TAS600 Series Active Traffic Advisory Systems.  Please post new product suggestions or comment on existing suggestions.  Avidyne will be reviewing these posts closely as our product roadmaps evolve.  Avidyne is continually looking for ways to improve our products in order to make flying safer, simpler, and more useful.

scottman0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottman0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 12:17pm

If we can upgrade from the TAS 600 to the 605, about how much would such an upgrade cost?

TurboPA30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboPA30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 2:53pm
Could you please elaborate on the ADS-B upgrade paths for the existing traffic systems. E.G. there is a 605, but only a 610A. Does this mean there will be no 605A, or will the 605 become a 610A or????
THanks
Robert
FlyingLester View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyingLester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 2:29pm
All TAS products (TAS600, TAS605, TAS615, TAS620, and 9900BX) will be upgradeable to ADS-B In.  Each one will have an -A  variant.  We added the TAS605 and TAS615 this year and haven't had a chance to update the TAS600A material.

To answer scottman0's question about upgrade costs, it is currently $2,500 to upgrade from a TAS600 to TAS605.  This upgrade must be done at an Avidyne service center.  Please call Jared Butson at 781-402-7569 to arrange an upgrade
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 8:13pm
I just installed and absolutely love the TAS 605 and look forward to the pre-paid "(A)" VERITAS ADS-B addition.  

My questions are:  
1.)  When can we expect the scheduled ADSB upgrade?
2.)  Will Avidyne have a solution for receiving ADS-B Wx (FIS-B)?  We would love to see this feature to integrate Wx to panel equipment (Aspen PFD/MFD/MX20) rather than external iPad Wx...

Thanks.

Tom 
wsh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 8:26pm
I have a tas605 and I was told that the difference with a tas 600 is that it will properly indicate the exact sector the traffic is in. I have noticed now a few times that at close range (within 2 miles range). The traffic will be indicated on my 00:30 to 01:00 while in reality it will pass me on my left side. I find this rather strange. Is this a calibration issue?
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 1:47pm
Good questions.  We have an expert in those areas here that I'll get to respond.   Pinging him now....
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
dryan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 2:19pm
Regarding n7ifr's questions:
  1. We plan to begin shipping the TAS-A upgrades in Q1 of 2014.
  2. Avidyne has not made any announcements regarding FIS-B In capabilities; however Avidyne considers ADS-B an essential part of the next generation airspace and plans to support ADS-B technology in a major way.  I think that both our past and future customers will be very happy with our ADS-B road map.  As much as I would like to discuss the exciting work that Avidyne is doing behind the scenes, we are not quite ready to make the ADS-B Wx portion of our road map public.
dryan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 2:27pm
wsh...

The behavior you describe is not typical of Avidyne TAS products.  The TAS600 and TAS605 use the same antenna system to determine azimuth, so there should not be a difference between the two.  What you describe sounds like it could be related to a sub-optimal antenna installation.  I recommend that you contact our technical support team at  888-723-7592 or 781-402-7592 to discuss.

Note that the accuracy of the bearing data will not impact the ability of the TAS system to provide traffic alerts; however it may make it more difficult for you to locate the traffic visually.  TAS and TCAS systems do not use bearing in their alerting algorithms.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic