Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

One way ForeFlight transfers problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One way ForeFlight transfers problem
    Posted: 20 hours 41 minutes ago at 10:37pm
I tried to load a new route from ForeFlight into an IFD 440 today. Instead of the usual “send to panel” and “load from panel” buttons, I only saw a “load from panel” option.

Turns out this was due to the name I saved in ForeFlight for the route, which is done by making it a “favorite”, which I called SEARCH-1. I did this because I have a half dozen routes with the same origin-destination name, and I wanted to quickly find the one I needed.

To work around this problem, I “renamed” the route by making a trivial change, and then pressed the star button in ForeFlight to save it as a new favorite, this time using the name SEARCHA, at which point everything worked correctly, and I could send the route to the panel.

I’m not sure that the mechanism for setting the name of an imported flight plan is well documented, but assuming it is, it should probably say that using anything other than letters or numbers will not work.

Edited by Melohn - 20 hours 40 minutes ago at 10:38pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic