Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ifd440 pilot guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwbarnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ifd440 pilot guide
    Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 6:57pm
Hi, any timeline on when the updated pilot guide re 10.2 will be available. Thank You for a great product.
Best,
David
dwbarnett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwbarnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2016 at 4:00pm
So, no one from Avidyne knows the information. Yes, I know I can look at the ifd540 manual, I have. But, I don't have an ifd5
40 in my airplane, so would rather study the one for my aircraft.

Didn't realize it was a difficult question. Thanks again, for any info.

Best,David

Edited by dwbarnett - 07 May 2016 at 4:00pm
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2016 at 4:04pm
Hi David,

I'm the guy writing all the Pilot Guides.  I expect to post the draft IFD440 10.2 PG by the end of this coming week (~13 May).

It will be downloadable from here:

Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
dwbarnett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwbarnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2016 at 4:09pm
Thank You AviJake, good to know. Looking forward to the update.

Best,David
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2016 at 11:53am
I'm just about done with the IFD440 version.  I have some images in the manual to update.  As soon as that's done, I'll make a new post here.   I've got a very full week next week with a bunch of travel so I'm not certain it will be completed this coming week but we'll see.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
dwbarnett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwbarnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2016 at 4:43am
hmm, still no 440 guide. I guess the changes were a little more complex.

Look forward to it's release

Best,
David
Ibraham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 4:22pm
To Avi Jake

Have a  couple of questions about the current IFD440 pilot guide, installed with Skytrax100 and AXP340

According to page 3-30, "When integrated with an optional traffic system (e.g. TAS, TIS, TCAS, ADS-B), the IFD will display traffic information for transponder-equipped aircraft and provide aural and visual alerting for traffic considered a threat."
The installer said that there are no traffic Aural alerts with the current software version. Is that true and will be available with Release 10.2?

Page 4-19 of the pilot guide indicates that you can display VLOC Radio frequencies in Slots 3 and 4, but could not duplicate that. I know it can be done with the 540, was that included in the 440 pilot guide by mistake?

Thank you
Ibrahim
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2016 at 8:17am
Hi Ibrahim,

Release 10.2 does add support for aurals for traffic alerts.  

Yes, the IFD440 PG had a typo in the draft I posted several months ago.  That has been fixed in the version that will be officially released with the product.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
Ibraham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 11:32pm
Steve,

Thanks for the info, when do you expect Release 10.2 for the IFD, and 8.2 for the EX5000?

Ibrahim
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 7:20am
I know you are looking for a specific date but I'm going to stick with my "just as soon as it's approved" response for both.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
Ibraham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 4:41pm
Thank you, praying for a speedy approval!
TomH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by AviJake AviJake wrote:

Yes, the IFD440 PG had a typo in the draft I posted several months ago.  That has been fixed in the version that will be officially released with the product.

Just checking but did I somehow miss the 10.2 Draft of the IFD440 guide? I don't see it on the website. 
dwbarnett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwbarnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 12:25am
Same here. I thought the guide was coming out in May.

What draft are we talking about now.

Slightly confused.
David
dwbarnett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwbarnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 3:27am
ok , avijake; I'm really confused on the IFD 440 guide. One of your replys back in May, indicated the guide was forthcoming. Now I read your reply of basicaly when it's approved. Are you saying when your draft guide is approved? Or when 10.2 is released. I guess I'm not understanding how the 550 and 540 drafts have been released, but not the 440 draft. As mentioned before, I know I can review the 540 draft, as there are similarities. However, I own a 440, so feel it's best to study-my equipment. Thanks again for clarification.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 4:31pm
There were changes that kept happening in May/June to the manual.    The IFD440 book will clearly be available when 10.2 is released.   If my plate stays somewhat clear between now and then, I might be able to get the doc ECO'd and posted before that.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic