Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > AMX240 Audio Panel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bluetooth pairing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bluetooth pairing
    Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 6:42pm
I have to manually pair the iPad every time I connect to the AMX240. Was talking with the PS Engineering about this and they said it is a easy fix to enable auto Bluetooth pairing. Seems the AMX 240 software is out of date and thus requires the manual pairing.
Anyone one else having this issue?
I haven't received any notice of software upgrade for the 240, so is Avidyne aware of this?
Gring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 8:43pm
I have a very, very early AMX240 and have only paired it once.  Each time I get in the airplane it is paired.  It works much better than the Bluetooth in my Alpine stereo in my truck.  That one fails much of the time.
MysticCobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MysticCobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 6:22am
My experience is like Gring's, though I can't say how early my 240 is.  (I got it ~December 2014.)  Two phones (a Galaxy S4 and a Galaxy S7 Edge) have been paired once, and then after that, every time I get in the plane, "it just works".  

Way better experience than the kludgey way my phones have worked with my circa-2012 aftermarket Kenwood car stereo.

Edited by MysticCobra - 25 Aug 2016 at 6:23am
paulr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 10:51am
+1 for good AMX240 behavior-- I get in the plane, start up, avionics master on, and it connects flawlessly every time.
tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 11:50am
My iPad automatically pairs when I power up so I hear the call out from FF
Craig767 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 1:05pm
So from the replies here they must have made a change in the software after my unit was manufactured. It was ordered in October of 2014. Guess better talk to tech support to see if the issue can be fixed.
Thanks for the info.

MysticCobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MysticCobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Craig767 Craig767 wrote:

So from the replies here they must have made a change in the software after my unit was manufactured. 
Maybe.  But I'd be shocked if you have an earlier version of the unit than Gring.  Regardless, somethin' ain't right.
tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 4:10pm
My avionics were shipped to the shop around November of 2014
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 2:17pm
Yeah, needs troubleshooting.  I'm using a set of gear including audio panel that was pre-production and have no issues.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic