Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD 540 won't activate PCL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmozur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD 540 won't activate PCL
    Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 6:54am
I am not able to activate pilot controlled lighting using the IFD 540. I am able to do it using the #2 radio, which is an old King KY-197. The behavior is repeatable and has occurred on multiple nights at KBVY and KLWM.

I am about to replace the old radio with an IFD 440, so this is a significant concern. Has anyone else had this issue?
mfb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 8:55am
Yes, there have been numerous discussions about that and it's a known problem with the IFD540/440.

It was supposed to be fixed in the new 10.2 software release, which I assume you don't have yet. 

The new software was just released and there haven't been any reports yet about its effectiveness on this problem. I hope the fix is successful.

Mike
Gring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 9:29am
The fix was corrected in the 10.1.2.0 software if I recall, it may have even been 10.1.1.0.  I had experience with the issue and haven't in quite awhile.  I was running 10.1.2.0 until I just updated to 10.2.0.0
LANCE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LANCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 9:30am
Originally posted by mmozur mmozur wrote:

I am not able to activate pilot controlled lighting using the IFD 540. I am able to do it using the #2 radio, which is an old King KY-197. The behavior is repeatable and has occurred on multiple nights at KBVY and KLWM.

I am about to replace the old radio with an IFD 440, so this is a significant concern. Has anyone else had this issue?

This was fixed with 10.1.2 I believe. What software are you running?
mmozur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmozur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 3:00pm

I'm embarrassed...  I'm not sure about S/W version.  I'll have to check.

mmozur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmozur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 3:01pm
And...  in a week, the airplane goes in for the upgrade, so when it comes back, I will have 10.2.0.  So, as long as this is a S/W issue, I should be OK
195pilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 195pilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 9:49pm
In the meanwhile, try slowing down on the clicks. Try about a click a second instead of all three or five in one second.
Kentucky Captain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentucky Captain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 2:45am
For me it did not matter how slow or fast I clicked, it would not work until I upgraded to 10.1.2.  Then it worked without fail.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic