Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD100 Mobile App
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD100 IPhone download no joy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PredFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD100 IPhone download no joy
    Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 10:56pm

Probably should have done my due diligence, but assumed an IPhone would run the IFD100 App. The 6.22" x 3.06" Plus 6 and 7 phones appear to be the perfect size to panel mount via the device linked below. I'm hopeful something will change going forward with the App; however in the meantime, I plan to install the mount with my IPhone 6 Plus to display Foreflight.

https://www.guardianavionics.com/iPhone-6-iPhone-7-Panel-Mount-FAA-Certified_c_41.html
LANCE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LANCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 12:27am
Keep in mind Foreflight doesn't do Synthetic Vision on the iPhone.
Also with the iPhone 8 coming out in September I would be cautious about installing a panel mount when it may be a different size.
PredFan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PredFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 8:20am
Thanks Lance, that's great advise. I did not know that the IPhone 8 would become available in September. I'm really hoping Avidyne can develop a work around where the larger iPhones can serve as a platform for the IFD100 App. I currently have an Ipad Mini yoke mounted running Foreflight in my Bonanza. I have the panel space for a phone, but not another Mini. Not crazy about the idea of remote mounting another IPad or situating on my lap.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic