Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD100 Mobile App
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD100 Charts Seletion Bug?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD100 Charts Seletion Bug?
    Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 2:48pm
Having just received access to charts on my IFD100s, I immediately noticed what appears to be a bug in selecting charts from the Chart Selection page. I am running the IFD100 on an iPad mini with iOS 9.3.5 as well as an iPad Pro 9.7 with iOS 11.2.2 with identical results. Both iPads were power cycled as well as soft reset with no changes in IFD100 behavior. While the snapshots below were taken with the IFD100 offline, the same IFD100 behavior occurs when running the IFD540 Trainer on one iPad and the IFD100 on the other across network.

For any airport chart selection page, it is extremely difficult if not impossible to directly select the second available chart in the entire list of charts for that airport. All other charts are easily selectable. It does not appear to matter whether the iPad is in portrait or landscape orientation. It also doesn't matter what type of chart it is (ARR, DEP, APP, etc).

In the snapshot below, it is virtually impossible to directly select the KTEB MAZIE 2 RNAV ARR:

For KORD, I have not found it possible to directly select the BENKY 4 RNAV ARR:

For 3CK below, I cannot directly select the RNAV (GPS) RWY 8 approach:

It is possible to show these charts on the IFD100 by adding the desired procedure to the FMS FPL and selecting the chart display from the FPL; however, if the case of KORD for example, you select both the BENKY 4 RNAV ARR and any KORD approach, then the FPL chart button defaults to the approach chart and only toggles between the approach and airport charts. KTEB woul have the same issue with both the MAZIE 2 RNAV ARR and any KTEB approach in the FPL.

Has anyone else seen this IFD100 behavior?
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 9:37pm
Apparently I went too fast typing the forum topic this afternoon...maybe an admin could correct my misspelling of “Selection” in the forum topic?
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 10:20am
I am also seeing that behavior on the IFD100 app.  The times I have wanted to select the 2nd approach in the list and could not, I ended up using the IFD540 instead but clearly there is a bug preventing the selection of the 2nd item in the approach list.

Edited by teeth6 - 14 Jan 2018 at 10:21am
edanford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edanford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 3:30pm
Definitely a IFD100 bug.  I verfied it too
Ed
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 8:45am
IFD100 version 10.2.1 appears to have corrected this issue. Thanks Avidyne!
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 8:59am
10.2.1 is the version we have been on for awhile and I am still seeing the issue. I cannot select the 2nd procedure in a list in charts but thought it would be the NEXT release that would fix this.
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 9:12am
It is fixed in 10.2.1 and that version was just put up on the Apple store yesterday.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 9:23am
Understood. I had 10.2.1 according to the info on my app so maybe this is a re-release of it with the bug fixes? I just downloaded it. Thanks
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 10:32pm
Officially, it is IFD100 software version 10.2.5 if that helps.
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 8:56am
That makes sense ! Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic