Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

KI-209 (or similar) and OBS Function

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acenels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: KI-209 (or similar) and OBS Function
    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 4:08pm
I'm trying to get the true answer on KI-209 (not A) integration with the IFD440/540. 

If I install a KI-209 and have a Dynon D10a EFIS, will the KI-209 drive the IFD course, and therefore the course deviation indicator in VLOC mode for the D10a?

Example: VOR selected as the nav source. I'm inbound on the 270 radial from the West. When selecting VLOC and twisting the KI209 to 090 will the green display on the efis center?

Second, would twisting the KI-209 work for OBS in VOR and/or GPS?

Finally, the IFD 540 manual notes that without an offboard CDI with the ability to change course the system is VFR only. So therefore I assume the cdi/obs knob on the IFD does not change course to the D10a in this case? And I would need a CDI with a course selection knob? 

This interplay between an efis and the CDI and the IFD are somewaht obviously a bit confusing at this point to me. 

Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic