Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD540 Introduction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avidyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD540 Introduction
    Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 11:58am
Avidyne’s IFD540 GPS/NAV/COM combines the best Flight Management System available, with a multi-channel digital VHF radio, in an easy-to-use, plug & play design for general aviation pilots.

Click here for more information on this exciting new product from Avidyne.

Click here to download a PDF of Frequently Asked Questions.

Click here to download a brochure of the IFD540.

Edited by Avidyne - 25 Jul 2011 at 12:02pm
AviMike View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 5:33pm
I just got back from Oshkosh and the response to the IFD540 was awesome.  Pilots, installers and other industry manufacturers are excited about the product.  It is a product that presents the ability of the R9 easy-of-use to a much larger pilot audience. 

It is a Garmin 530/530W replacement.  Take and sell your existing 530 and the cost of your new IFD540 is around a couple grand, assuming that you put your deposit down this week at the $8,500 price.

I've updated the FAQs and put them in the same location, Click here.

Edited by AviMike - 29 Jul 2011 at 5:48pm
TheFlightstuff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFlightstuff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 1:42pm
You guys are awesome!
I love the way the IFD540 keeps the buttons and adds touch screen usability where it is useful
No need to throw the baby out with the bathwater as we say (like the G... manufacturer)

This is a much better approach and I can still find the page I need with a single button click on the bezel key.

But then brand "G" never had single function bezel keys to begin with unlike R9

I must say what a great solution. can't wait to get to fly with these.

Flying in Europe? go to http://www.rocketroute.com
drb930 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drb930 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 11:12am
The moderator stated that there was a link to be able to watch past webinars?
A lot of guys over on Beechtalk are looking to look at the past webinars that they missed.

Thanks,
Dave
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 12:46pm
Hi Dave,

I know who the moderator was so I'm checking with him.  Should have a response by Monday or earlier.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 8:52pm
Our guys  are working on updating the "Webinars on Demand" to add the IFD540.   It's a pretty extensive operation and may take a week or so.  It's pretty involved to get a full webinar on demand with audio produced.  I will make another posting here when I find out they are posted.  One important side note:   We are doing the IFD540 webinar live two times per week - Wed at noon eastern and Thurs at 5pm eastern. 

In the meantime,  the current "Webinars on Demand" are at:  

Edited by Avidyne - 27 Feb 2012 at 8:52am
TheFlightstuff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFlightstuff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 11:32am
When I click on that link I get a Microsoft Outlook Web App screen asking for a Domain/username and password, The forum credentials do not work there. Do you have any suggestions how to access that link?
Flying in Europe? go to http://www.rocketroute.com
Avidyne View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avidyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 8:54am
The link to the recorded webinars above has been repaired.  Please try again.

Thanks,
Administrator
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 11:15am
Okay, thank you all for your patience.

There is now a copy (7MB) of the IFD540 webinar posted.  The link identified about 3 posts above now works too.  It takes to you a quick sign up page where we ask you to type in some contact info.  At that point, a username and password are emailed to you allowing you access to the ppt slide show.

Sometime around Friday, 9 March, we'll have an updated set of those slides posted that should have audio voice overs as well.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 4:45pm
Just spoke with the man updating the webinar with voice.  He's almost done and has assured me it will be up on the site this coming Monday, 12 March.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 6:47pm
Steve,
Thats awesome!!  I just can't seem to make the webinars and I would love to hear what I have missed.  Thank You.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2012 at 7:20pm
Webinar with audio is up as of mid-day today. Please let us know if you have any problems or questions.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic