Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD100 Mobile App
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Terrain in IFD 100?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flying_Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Terrain in IFD 100?
    Posted: 16 Dec 2018 at 10:03pm
hi there, I am running the IFD100 app with an ifd540.  FLTA and Terrain Awareness are set to ON on the 540.  I noticed the IFD100 does not display color coded terrain.  I tried going into the AUX>SETUP>USER OPTIONS but I do not seem to be able to change the parameters for FLTA or Terrain Awareness and they are set to OFF.

Am I doing something wrong? Can terrain be displayed on the IFD100 app?

Thanks,
Eric
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Flying_Monkey Flying_Monkey wrote:

Can terrain be displayed on the IFD100 app?
Yes, but you need to download it.  If you have a Jeppesen bundled subscription it should be included in that.  If not, you can get some terrain by logging in with a blank username and selecting "Demo" in the lower right corner of the app.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Flying_Monkey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flying_Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 11:48am
it shows as terrain downloaded. There is a check mark next to Terrain NAmerica cycle 15T1. 
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 1:38pm
Are you saying you see no terrain at all?  If so, is the land declutter set to off (empty triangle)?
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 3:53pm
I think Flying_Monkey is saying that FLTA and Terrain Awareness cannot be selectec "ON" on the IFD100. I have the same configuration and lost the ability to turn on FLTA and Terrain Awareness on my IFD100 when the IFD540 was upgraded to 10.2.0 as well as the corresponding IFD100 app update and later.

FLTA and Terrain Awareness function normally on my IFD540.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flying_Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by dmtidler dmtidler wrote:

I think Flying_Monkey is saying that FLTA and Terrain Awareness cannot be selectec "ON" on the IFD100. I have the same configuration and lost the ability to turn on FLTA and Terrain Awareness on my IFD100 when the IFD540 was upgraded to 10.2.0 as well as the corresponding IFD100 app update and later.

FLTA and Terrain Awareness function normally on my IFD540.

That's exactly what I am saying.  I cannot activate the options.  It shows that the terrain is downloaded and I see the terrain on the map as brown/green/etc etc.  But there is no way to turn on the terrain alerting or color coded terrain.  My IFD540 shows red and yellow terrain alerting and those options are selectable (able to be toggled) but the IFD100 does not allow me to toggle these options to ON.  Several people have posted about this.  Any advice?
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 9:59pm
I have reported this IFD100 issue a couple of times on this forum since IFD sw version 10.2.0 was released as well as the corresponding IFD100 app update.

The FLTA and Terrain Awareness lockout seems to occur during the initial WiFi pairing with my IFD540. If I connect my IFD100 via WiFi to the IFD trainer (IFD540), FLTA and Terrain Awareness are fully selectable. When I WiFi connect my IFD100 to my IFD540 and get the "Config Modified" message on the IFD100; FLTA and Terrain Awaresness are then locked OFF even after IFD100 restart.
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 2:18pm
I spent the morning verifying that it is possible to get TAWS and FLTA coloring on the IFD100 to match the coloring on an IFD540 in my office.  IFD 10.2.2 and IFD100 10.2.5 (app store version).  Indeed, I was able to do so.  As I moved the aircraft lower, I got yellow terrain, red terrain, the yellow splat and the red splat.

So what is different about my setup than either of your setups?  What is the same between your two setups?  Can you both post back your RS232 settings?  Also, it might be helpful if you post back a picture of your IFD showing color and the IFD100 not.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 3:58pm
I am currently running sw10.2.1 on my IFD540 and 10.2.5 (app store version) on my IFD100.

Below are my RS232 settings and a snapshot of the AUX-User Options page from my IFD100. What is interesting regarding the IFD100 snapshot is that the FLTA and Terrain Awareness settings are colored light blue as if they can be changed; however, those two options cannot even be selected like Auto Enable Missed is selected in this snapshot. Additionally, after a fresh install of the IFD100, FLTA and Terrain Awareness were selectable and changeable until the "Config Modified" message occurs after initial WiFi syncing with the IFD540. While this snapshot is was taken while the IFD100 was not actively WiFi connected to the IFD540, the AUX-User Options behavior is the same as when the IFD100 is WiFi connected to the IFD540.

Prior to IFD540 software release 10.2.0 and the corresponding IFD100 software release; these two features were working fine on the IFD100.

It will be a few weeks before I'm able to supply side by side operational pictures as the airplane is currently in maintenance.

AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 8:49pm
We're drawing a blank so far, but will keep looking.  Eric does your setup have anything in common with dmtidler?
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flying_Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by AviSteve AviSteve wrote:

We're drawing a blank so far, but will keep looking.  Eric does your setup have anything in common with dmtidler?

Thank you for responding to this and looking in to it. My IFD100 app is from the App Store on 10.2.5.  Next time I am at the airplane I will look at the settings and software version.  One other alter message I get is something like no xponder communication. Not sure if that’s the exact message but I’ll know next time I’m in the aircraft and make a note. Not sure if that is related to the terrain issue.  The IFD100 app does mirror the 540 flight plan, traffic, etc.
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 1:49pm
When you can, take a picture of the IFD Software Status page too.  I'd like to see the list of paid options that are enabled.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flying_Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 1:49am
I have photos of the 14 config pages and the splash screen the indicates the software version (10.2.2.0).  Which pages would you like to see? 
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 10:20am
My airplane is still in maintenance; however, I snapped this photo of its IFD540 software status screen the other day.

AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 10:49am

I have photos of the 14 config pages and the splash screen the indicates the software version (10.2.2.0).  Which pages would you like to see? 
The 429 Config, 232 Config, and the Software Version page. 
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 10:49am
Originally posted by dmtidler dmtidler wrote:

My airplane is still in maintenance; however, I snapped this photo of its IFD540 software status screen the other day.
Thanks.  I'll look into it again tomorrow.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 10:23am
Originally posted by AviSteve AviSteve wrote:

The 429 Config, 232 Config, and the Software Version page. 
Eric, also please show me the Main System Config page (should be page 3).  If you'd rather just email them all to me that's fine too.  slindsley a.t avidyne.com
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flying_Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 11:40am
Update for the thread. I have emailed the system setting screenshots to AviSteve and he is looking into it.
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 5:21pm
Good news!  We've identified the problem and it will be fixed in the next IFD100 release, but it will also require 10.2.3.1.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flying_Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 3:28pm
That's great news for sure. Thank yOU!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic