Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dual IFD - Sharing - WiFi question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dual IFD - Sharing - WiFi question
    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 9:10pm
Here are several questions for which the PG is silent or unclear.

1.  The PG says that when multiple traffic sources are connected, e.g. TAS and Skytrax, TAS has priority in terms of what is displayed.  My IFD #1 has both by serial port, but the Skytrax is displayed.  Was this order changed, or what gives?

2.  The PG says for a single IFD, nut 2 different traffic sources, connect them both, and the IFD will display one, and will WiFi the other out to iPad, etc.  What about for dual IFDs, where, for example, the #1 unit if the WiFi out?

3.  If for dual units, one has both traffic sources wired, and the other just has one, the one not wired lacking SkyTrax.  Will the first unit share the Skytrax data using cross sync with the one not wired?  Said another way if serial port 5 is wired for Skytrax on #1, does #2 get the traffic and weather data on its port 5 via cross sync?

4.  If #1 is the WiFi box, and you want to display TAS, and WiFi Skytrax, how to set it up?  Does ARINC factor into these discussions?

I'm looking to configure so 1 box displays Skytrax traffic, and the other box displays TAS, with the ADSB Skytrax going out on WiFi.  I understand TAS traffic isn't eligible for WiFi, only Capstone, right?

Thanks.

David Gates
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic