Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Configuring my IFD440

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Stych View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stych Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Configuring my IFD440
    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 11:07am
Following/Bumping because of similar issues.  Any update???
GMSutton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMSutton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by matthewsjl matthewsjl wrote:

Let's solve the "No 1090" info on the transponder.

For a Garmin GTX-335/345, the IFD RS-232 Ch1 output should be set to "ADS-B+ (G2)".

That pushes the position information from the IFD to the transponder.

John 

Thanks, John. I'll try that setting and see if it works!

Mike
GMSutton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMSutton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by PA23 PA23 wrote:

Two things strike me as odd, you say you are using a GTX335, that unit is ADS-B OUT only but you are looking for ARINC data in from it as a GTX330.  Secondly you are looking for ADS-B in and sending out data on Serial #1.   I believe the correct setting would be "Aviation" on the OUT side for whatever serial channel you have the transponder connected to.

Thanks, Jeff. I appreciate the advice. The Garmin 430W that I replaced was originally connected to a GTX-327 transponder. I replace that with the GTX-335 to satisfy the ADS(B) Out requirement. As you know, the transponder needs WAAS position information from the Avidyne, hence my configuration dilemma.

Cheers, Mike
matthewsjl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matthewsjl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 11:56am
Let's solve the "No 1090" info on the transponder.

For a Garmin GTX-335/345, the IFD RS-232 Ch1 output should be set to "ADS-B+ (G2)".

That pushes the position information from the IFD to the transponder.

John 

Edited by matthewsjl - 27 Nov 2019 at 11:57am
PA23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PA23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 3:23pm
Mike,
Surprised somebody hasn't responded to you yet, but my first question is, does everything work as expected with the Garmin 430W setup as you have it displayed in posting?

Two things strike me as odd, you say you are using a GTX335, that unit is ADS-B OUT only but you are looking for ARINC data in from it as a GTX330.  Secondly you are looking for ADS-B in and sending out data on Serial #1.   I believe the correct setting would be "Aviation" on the OUT side for whatever serial channel you have the transponder connected to.

Jeff

GMSutton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMSutton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 1:21pm
Friends: I recently sold my T210N which was equipped with an IFD540. After experiencing aviation withdrawal symptoms, I purchased a Cessna 182P. I swapped the Garmin 430W that came with the aircraft for an IFD440, but I've been having trouble configuring the new unit.

Can you help me figure out how to properly configure the IFD440? I followed the replacement guide to the letter but the IFD440 still isn't talking to my Garmin GTX-335 transponder. The transponder shows the "No 1090 Info" error message. Before it was removed, the Garmin 430W was supplying position information to the GTX-335 just fine.

I've attached screenshots of my Garmin 430W for your information. What are the proper corresponding settings on the IFD440? I'm sure I have it configured improperly and there's probably a simple fix, but I haven't been able to troubleshoot this successfully.

Thanks for your help!

Mike

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic