Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > SkyTrax Series ADS-B Receivers & Transceivers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ADS-B antenna replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentucky Captain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ADS-B antenna replacement
    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 9:58pm
My idiot partner was washing the airplane yesterday and snapped the ADS_B antenna off.  Is that something that I can replace?  I'm guessing that the antenna cable from the SkyTrax 100 unit terminates in a screw on fitting.  Seems reasonable that I should be able to acquire another one, swap it out for the damaged one, and just screw the connector on.  Too easy for an airplane?

Woo Hoo!!!
Cruiser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cruiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 10:02am
Kentucky Captain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentucky Captain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 12:50pm
Sorry,  it was not the ADS-B antenna but the AXP340 antenna.  Transponder shows low output.
Woo Hoo!!!
tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 9:47am
ok then its this one.

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/avpages/ted_transponder.php

sounds like a job for the hanger fairies.

I think I would turn the transponder off until you get this addressed. Don't want to burn up the transmitter.

Edited by tony - 10 Dec 2019 at 9:49am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic