Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD100 Mobile App
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD100 freeze iPad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gzinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD100 freeze iPad
    Posted: 04 May 2020 at 10:17am
Has anybody experienced their iPad freezing while running ifd100. I am on the latest iOS and iPad 4

Thank you

Gabe
forkauto View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forkauto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 11:53am
I have seen it freeze when running Foreflight at the same time. Usually will last a few seconds and start back up again
gzinga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gzinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 1:57pm
Mine freezes the iPad, I have to restart it. 
gzinga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gzinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2020 at 12:53pm
okay so I think the issue was that if you don't have the two DB sync then it will not sync the flight Plan and looks like the app freezes. The freeze should not happen. 

teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 10:18pm
I have seen the IPad freeze on several occasions also.  This can happen when the databases are the same.  Like you, I have to restart the IPad to clear the freeze.
gzinga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gzinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by teeth6 teeth6 wrote:

I have seen the IPad freeze on several occasions also.  This can happen when the databases are the same.  Like you, I have to restart the IPad to clear the freeze.

I filed a ticket with avidyne, it happened yesterday while shooting an approach

Gabe
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 1:54pm
It happened again to me yesterday.  I had been running FF for awhile with no issues but shortly after launching the IFD 100, the IPad froze completely.  I was not even able to restart the Ipad by the conventional method.  I had to do to soft reboot holding down both the restart and home buttons until it restarted.  After that, it operated fine for the rest of the flight.
gzinga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gzinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 9:00pm
I have an open ticket with Avidyne. So far I got the usual requests, what software, what iPad etc. No traction. It is a real problem and they should give it 100%

Gabe
sjcheetah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjcheetah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 2:17pm
Mine likewise regularly freezes on my iPad-Pro 11" (Model A2013), 2018.
Have not seen it on iPad Air 9.7" (Model A1475), circa 2013,
Both have ample spare flash memory.
I have not seen any freezing on any other apps, including WingX.
Yes, they all have the same DB and latest IOS updates. iPad is not hot.

Usually when it freezes, only thing that works is power cycle.
Two different pathologies: the screen freezes with old info displayed
or the screen goes almost black, in low light, you can kinda see that the
image is still there, but frozen.
Can not close app, get back to home screen or anything else on iPad.
I think, if I let it sit dead for > 5 minutes, something times out
and goes back to home screen. (I assume IOS times out some
i/o operation on the IFD-100 app and kills it.)
When it comes back and the IFD-100 app is restarted, it does not
re-sync with the panel IFD-550. At least once, cycling the the wi-fi connection
(disassociate/associate with IFD-550) allowed it to work (until it froze again).

This is freeze is fairly easy to replicate, but is not associated with any particular
IFD-100 page, chart, operation, user activity, etc. 
Note: this is particularly dangerous if you use
this on an approach, (ie: for chart view), because the screen freezes and
you don't know it so you are looking at old info,
Only way to tell is to try to move something
on the screen to see if it still responds.

teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 3:41pm
I see the freeze regularly also but I’m not even able to restart the IPad with the power button.  I have to do a soft reboot with the power button and home button held together to be able to reboot the IPad.   Usually after it freezes once on a flight, it doesn’t freeze again on same flight. 
gzinga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gzinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 6:54pm
I was told by customer service today that they have found the problem and they will soon issue a patch and update
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 4:42am
Good to hear. I have the same problem quite frequently with the IFD Trainer, and am hoping the update will also apply to it....
Vince
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic