Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Manual Sequenced Required

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100mileperhour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Manual Sequenced Required
    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 8:28am
After searching and reading several forums post on this topic, I'm either not seeing what I'm looking for or not understanding what I should be looking for???????????????

Just finished 40+ plus hours of IFR training over the past two weeks.  Learned a lot about my Avidyne 540 and my Aspen.  I really like the set up and my Instructor was really impressed with the Avidyne. 

However, as many of you probably already read about in similar posts, the "Manual Sequence Required" on a missed approach is giving us fits.  Somewhere altitude information is not getting to the Avidyne, is the best that "we" (Avionics Friends) have figured out. 

I'm running a Aspen with the ADC feeding information to the Avidyne on the RS232 Channel three.  It is set to the Shadin Z format to the Avidyne and the Aspen is set the ADC Type1.  This was set up with the help of the helpful people at FreeFlight, to get my ADS-B IN to show altitude a year ago when we installed it and to get the box to report altitude to ATC and show up in the system. 

Now, I have the "Enable Missed Approach" enabled in my settings, which was already set up.  Just trying to get it to sequence when I go missed. 

My question and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction, I need to see if the Avidyne is getting a altitude from somewhere.  Any ideas on where I can find that setting or see it on the Avidyne 540. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Michael

Edited by 100mileperhour - 02 Jul 2020 at 8:47am
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 9:09am
You didn't say which AP or maybe I missed it.

Airdata out of the Aspen is an ARINC429 stream.

If you have an ACU1 between your Aspen PFD and your AP - and then the IFD is downstream from that -only certain ARINC429 labels get passed through to the IFD, while others are truncated, and BaroAlt isn't one of them.  That was the case with my setup.

The solution was to parallel the ACU-1 ARINC feed coming off the Aspen.  Initially that wasn't permitted but Aspen rewrote their IM to permit it.

If, on the other hand, you have an ACU2 (or, I think, an EA100) - doesn't apply and "never mind".

There is a lot of discussion on this board (older to be sure) on paralleling ARINC stream out of the Aspen PFD.

Here's one thread:
http://forums.avidyne.com/ifd540-440-integrations-with-aspen-efds-and-acus_topic580_post11123.html?KW=ACU#11123

Hope this helps.

Edited by ddgates - 02 Jul 2020 at 9:48am
David Gates
100mileperhour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100mileperhour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 6:38am
Thank you for the reply. 

I have a Century III Autopilot. 

I am very fortunate to have friends in the industry that are helping me through the last little hurdle in my install. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic