Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stratus 3 and IFD100

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotthess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stratus 3 and IFD100
    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 6:06am
I am running a Stratus 3 as a wifi hub with the IFD440 and two ipads as clients. One ipad is running Foreflight and the other IFD100. I don't have any issues with loading information back and forth from the Foreflight to the IFD, but do have issues with ADS-B information populating in Foreflight and the IFD100 app.

I didn't think you were able to get traffic and weather on the IFD100 app yet I do... some of the time. At times I get it on the Foreflight ipad and not the IFD100, then viceversa. Same thing with weather. Yesterday I was surprised to see weather radar showing on the IFD100, but then it would intermittently drop from Foreflight. 

I guess I must be doing something wrong but cannot figure this out. 

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
Schildaero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schildaero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2020 at 8:38am
Hi scotthess,
I might doing the same something wrong, but maybe not. I struggled around with the IFD100 and the Skydemon app (VFR charting app common used in EUROPE, comparable to FF). I am using a Stratux device for traffic and position also using the GDL90 protocol, also delivering the WIFI hub.

I am trying now to investigate a bit more into that topic. But my first feeling on that topic now is, that it might be more of an iOS issue, since I have not such problems seen (yet) on my Android running SkyDemon.

I'll let you know about any findings.

Cheers
Marco
scotthess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotthess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2020 at 6:23pm
Thanks Marco! Interested to see what you find out. I did not realize the latest firmware does indeed support the display of Stratus 3 traffic and weather on the IFD-100 app but that still does not answer my question about why it comes and goes.. and freezes on the Foreflight iPad. Perhaps there is a sequence I should be connecting them. 
piper18O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piper18O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2020 at 8:43pm
I have a stratus 3 as the hub, an Ipad ifd 100, and an android running avare. The android tablet displays adsb traffic and weather perfectly. The ifd 100 syncs perfectly with the ifd 440, and shares flight plan and frequency info perfectly, but only show some of the traffic and only occasionally. It also does not show any weather. I don't know why the ifd 100 ap is so intermittent on adsb info, but the android tablet works perfectly on this network.
Schildaero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schildaero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2020 at 11:18am
@piper180: thanks for the info, just to clarify for me: you are saying that you are running on the iPad only the IFD100?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic