Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

$299 / $449 Navdata

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugkimball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $299 / $449 Navdata
    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 3:20pm
I did a search and I know this has been discussed in detail but my 60 free sub is running out and could not find answers.  I find that I use the approach plates on Foreflight and not the Avidyne IPad app.

Here are my questions if anyone knows:

Am I correct in assuming that the $299 Jeppesen subscription includes nav data and approaches for the IFD440 it just does not include approach plates?

If I get the $299 subscription, will it also provide the nav data updates for the Avidyne IPad app?

If I buy the $449 bundle will it also include Jeppesen charts for my foreflight?

Thanks for your help.

Doug
rpostmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpostmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 5:22pm
I use the $299  bundle for NavData for my IFD540.
It includes the enroute and approach data, but not the 
instrument approach charts.  It also includes the same updates
for the IFD100.   I use my tablet with IFLY  for charts.
I don't know about the $449 bundle.
Bob
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2020 at 8:23am
None of the new bundles include Foreflight charts.

There are now bundles available that include charts.  The article on the website doesn't show them yet, but will be updated soon.  However, charts included with those bundles are usable only on the IFD100 and an IFD500 series unit.

Bundle pricing is driven by the bundle type (single, dual, cockpit), whether you want charts, and the coverage area.  Ala carte pricing is determined purely by the coverage area.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Bob H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by AviSteve AviSteve wrote:

None of the new bundles include Foreflight charts.

There are now bundles available that include charts.  The article on the website doesn't show them yet, but will be updated soon.  However, charts included with those bundles are usable only on the IFD100 and an IFD500 series unit.

Bundle pricing is driven by the bundle type (single, dual, cockpit), whether you want charts, and the coverage area.  Ala carte pricing is determined purely by the coverage area.
The bundle pricing has now been updated on Avidyne's website.  I'm very pleased to see that bundle pricing now includes charts at significantly improved pricing.  However, some of the bundle pricing for two IFDs is cheaper than for one.  See Full USA IFR with Charts, $543 for two vs. $599 for one.  Steve, is that correct?

Bob
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 9:44pm
it is also odd that for dual units, it is only $4 more for charts ($543 vs. $539). Something seems amiss. Charts are $150 more for a single IFD with a USA subscription.
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 10:07pm
The pricing tables are hosed up.  I notified the author just now.  I'll post back when they are updated.  Thanks for pointing it out.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 2:02pm
The website article has been corrected.  Thanks again for the heads up.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Bob H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 8:18pm
Thanks Steve!
Bob
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic