Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Track Up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allenc3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Track Up
    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 6:11pm
For some reason I cannot get my IDF440 to Track Up. Can not get into anything but North Up. The index of the 440 manual does not even mention North or Track up, however, I did find in another book to select it in user options. When I go to User Options and cycle down to map orientation, the line is browned out I cannot select it. What am I doing wrong here? This used to work......

Claude Allen Green Cove Springs, Fl
Claude
comancheguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comancheguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 7:50pm
On the IFD-540, you push the right (bottom) knob to cycle between North, track and Heading(?) up.  

Ken

oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 10:08pm
Pushing the knob will cycle between North up, track up centered, and track up decentered down.

If you have set the IFD to use heading (options page) instead of track, then it will be heading modes:

Pushing the knob will cycle between North up, heading up centered, and heading up decentered down.

If you do not have a heading input to the IFD, then you can't select the heading modes.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 01 Nov 2021 at 10:10pm
rpostmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpostmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 10:34am
Claude,
It works on the IFD 440, but just like in the 540 you must be on the map page
for it to work.  The FMS page does not allow you to do that, just as with the zoom feature.
Bob
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 3:36pm
Not to seem too basic...when the attempts to change the map from North Up to Track Up were made; had your IFD440 determined its GPS position? I don't believe the map Track Up displays become an option until the IFD has determined its GPS position. If you happened to be testing this in a hangar without good GPS reception, I could see this happening.

chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 6:06am
I confirm. Make sure the GPS indicator is green.
Vince
MikeS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 8:55am
Claude, you need a heading source for the IFD to know and display heading up information. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic