Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trouble Uploading Jep Charts on my IFD540

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lautensack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trouble Uploading Jep Charts on my IFD540
    Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 8:28pm
Has anyone had trouble uploading Jep Charts to their IFD 540?
For the past 2 cycles when I upload the charts the upload gets to 30% installed and receive then it quits and I recieve an ERROR message.
I have tried with 2 different thumb drives, both formatted as FAT32.
Both with JDM reinstalled on my Mac.
The other files uploaded correctly.
I have talked with Jepp and done what they suggested (uninstall and reinstall JDM, use a different thumb drive).
I have used my Mac to download files successfully onto the thumb drives and then into the IFD 540 for a couple of years.

Looking for suggestions to fix the upload issue.
Thanks,

Pete
LarryPetro View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LarryPetro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 10:13am
I have had a recent, similar experience with navdata for my IFD440. Uploads from a USB drive written by my iMac (2012) and JDM worked fine for the last several years. But, the first update using my new MacBook Pro (M1, MacOS 12/Monterey) failed. Jepp tech support told me to delete all files on the USB drive before downloading with JDM. That succeeded to upload the navdata.

At the same time as the failure of the IFD440 upload, the navdata upload to my EX5000 also failed. Deleting files on the USB drive produced a successful upload to the EX5000. However, uploading charts to my EX5000 succeeded without deleting files. Nevertheless, I plan to delete files before any further chart updates.
Larry Petro - Columbia 350 @ KFME
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic