Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD100 Mobile App
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD100 and IFDtrainer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ch_dupre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD100 and IFDtrainer
    Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 8:57am
Hello,

I've seen of few documents/videos detailing how to use both IFD100 and the IFD trainer together.

Can the 2 app still interact right now? The trainer is on AviOs v10.3 while the IFD100 is on v10.2
When I try, I get an version mismatch error asking to upgrade the IFD100 to v10.3 but it doesn't seem to exist.

Thanks,

Christophe
AviLance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviLance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 9:17am
Hi Christophe,

The behavior you are seeing is correct for the latest 10.3 Trainer and the 10.2 IFD100 since they are incompatible with each other. 

The plan was to release the IFD100 10.3 app to coincide with the panel mount 10.3 software update to reduce potential confusion. However, it is likely that the IFD100 10.3 will be released sooner, which will allow you to connect with the IFD Trainer as you see in the videos.

Lance
MikeS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 4:08pm
Thanks to the efforts of Lance and his team up north, IFD100 10.3 is now available on the app store!

You will see two IFD100 apps on the app store; 10.2 and 10.3. The 10.2 version will be used for current installations running current software, and the 10.3 version works with the IFD Trainer app, and will be used in the future for IFDs upgraded to AviOS 10.3 when it is released.
Mike Salmon
Technical Marketing Manager
Avidyne Corporation
94S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2022 at 9:37am
Can both be installed at the same time, or does one replace the other?

David
MikeS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2022 at 12:23pm
These are two separate apps that are available on the app store. This way, we can keep support for those still running 10.2 versions even after the 10.3 rollout.
Mike Salmon
Technical Marketing Manager
Avidyne Corporation
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2022 at 6:14pm
Until 10.3 actually gets released, would it be possible to also have access to the 10.2 version? 

I have a friend that is going to start flying with my IFD540, and it would be good if he could learn with the software version in my unit. He can migrate to 10.3 when that version is released some day. 

I am OK with releasing the next version a few days or a couple of weeks before a new software release, but the 10.3 trainer was released too far ahead of the software being available for the real units.
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2022 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by HenryM HenryM wrote:

Until 10.3 actually gets released, would it be possible to also have access to the 10.2 version? 

I have a friend that is going to start flying with my IFD540, and it would be good if he could learn with the software version in my unit. He can migrate to 10.3 when that version is released some day. 

I am OK with releasing the next version a few days or a couple of weeks before a new software release, but the 10.3 trainer was released too far ahead of the software being available for the real units.

I wouldn't agree that the 10.3 trainer was released too far ahead of the panel software, but removing the 10.2 software was not a good idea. Both versions like was done with the IFD100 makes the most sense.
Vince
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic