Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dynon HDX to IFD Wifi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timfwalsh01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dynon HDX to IFD Wifi
    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 at 1:53pm

Folks,

I did research on this forum, but have not seen the specific technical resolution.

I am trying to connect my Dynon HDX Wifi as a third party Wifi to my IFD-540.

I am using the following references:

·        IFD500 Series Pilot Guide, Defining Wifi Network Configuration,” page 7-73.

·       I also reviewed Tom Harper’s video concerning the setup procedures:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA32exkEoO0

When I get to the “Network Configuration Page,” my SkyView-N129VA wifi network DOES NOT SHOW UP (I know it is working, I tested with Foreflight on Ipad send a flight plan).  Dynon Wifi Setup also shows “Online.”

I also tried typing in the Network name SkyView-N129VA and password into the Network Configuration Page, it did not save

One oddity, as you see the Skyview-N129VA has a “dash,” when I typed into the Network Configuration Page I did not find a dash.

Has anyone done this?  Thanks, Tim Walsh

Tim Walsh
timfwalsh01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timfwalsh01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2022 at 7:32am
Update - Based on feedback from other sources, all I need to do is input the name of the Skyview Wifi, also known as SSID.  Use the lower right hand knobs to input the name/SSID and password - then update.  I have been told the "-" is in fact included :-)

However - the IFD-540 will not be able to display weather from my Dynon ADSB until the next Avidyne software relase.

Also, it appears sending a flight plan from Foreflight to the IFD/Skyview HDX is problematic - a known problem.

Thanks, Tim
Tim Walsh
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic