Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

S-TEC GPSS not working after IFD440 install

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imwithchance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: S-TEC GPSS not working after IFD440 install
    Posted: 14 Mar 2022 at 5:21pm
Had a fully functional S-TEC 50 coupled to the Garmin 430W via the S-TEC ST-901 GPSS Roll Steering Converter that worked perfectly until I swapped the 430W for an IFD440.  After the IFD440 install, the GPSS button only flashes and will not engage.   Anyone encounter such a problem that can give me some pointers on troubleshooting ideas?
PA23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PA23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2022 at 6:16pm
sounds like the configuration options weren't copied from the GNS430.  The ST-901 can take steering information from either serial or ARINC, mine gets information via ARINC,  there is only one our channel for ARINC so I'd try that first, if that fails you will need to know what serial port your ST901 is tied to.  

PA23
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic