Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ipad and traffic on 10.3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allenc3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ipad and traffic on 10.3
    Posted: 11 Sep 2022 at 11:52am
10.3 installed with no issues on my IDF440, but cannot get my IPAD/Foreflight to see traffic.

Spent about two hours with Avidyne on Friday with no apparent solutions. Thought I would post my problem here in case maybe someone has a solution.

I am running two Ipads, a mini loaded with the IDF100 app, and a Gen 7 Ipad loaded with Foreflight through the Levil BOM as a network. Everything loads well, IDF100 runs perfectly as does Foreflight except I cannot get Foreflight to see traffic. The AUX button turned yellow and I get a message that the traffic sensor not found. When I go to the Left side datablocks to see if the Traffic thumbnail is there, it is not. When I go to the AUX setup page (main Sys config) to see if the traffic sensor is enabled, it is not even listed. Mine goes from Checklists (enabled) to Joystick (disabled). The TIS B annunciation selection is missing. Could something have not gotten configured correctly in the upgrade, and if so, can you re-install the whole 10.3 upgrade without risk of bricking the radio?

Need a little help here.

Claude
wildbilll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wildbilll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2022 at 5:58pm
After connecting the ilevil device did you go back to the network settings in the IFD, select the device and change it to always allow?
allenc3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allenc3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2022 at 6:33pm
yes. That would have been too easy. Als0 set Capstron to on.

Claude
PA23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PA23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2022 at 8:06pm
the Level BOM I am pretty sure does not send GDL90 data on the de-facto standard UDP port of 4000, instead they use UDP port 43211.

Unless Avidyne has a hidden method to change the listen port on the IFD from 4000 to 43211 I'm afraid you are out of luck.

-PA
allenc3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allenc3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2022 at 4:01am
Levil just released a new set of software for their products including the BOM. UDP Ports (4000 and 432110 Are now selectable, with the 4000 port actually labelled as Avidyne.

Everything is now working pretty much as it should now. The only issue is when running Foreflight on one ipad, and the IFD100 app on a second ipad as traffic does not show up on the second ipad running IFD 100 (an IPAD mini). However, if both Foreflight and IFD100 are running on the same iPAD (Split Screen). then traffic shows up on both apps. I was told this is a Foreflight Issue and they are aware of it. Something about starting in GDL90 mode but then shifting back to Foreflight mode.

laude

Edited by AviSteve - 13 Sep 2022 at 10:33am
Claude
allenc3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allenc3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 7:24pm
OK boys and girls, I found the saying that to do the same thing over and over again and expect a change is a sure sign of lunacy.

So I thought I would start over by looking at each step of this install to make sure everything is where it was intended to be in order to run (approx 50 times) on the try (a joke) i rechecked the Levil BOM software interface to see if it was set at 4000 (which I thought I did) but no, the Port selected was the default Port. So  said damn, I thought I changed that! When I made the attempt to switch it back to Port 4000, it would just jump back to default, like one of those computer spoofs when you try to select A for Go and B to stop. No matter what block you selected, it would to the other, except in this case it just reverts to the default Port.

Being Friday, and not being able to talk to anyone (but did compose some e.mail and sent that out to all concerned and put it to rest.

Today I again tried to select Port 4000 one the BOB software and no cigar.

So after spending more quality time with Randle at Avidyne, I called Level Aviation and tried explain to who must have been an intern or somethingand said they would get right back to me, and they did. 

Moreen called me back and said yes they in fact duplicated what I was seeing on their software.

Now to fix it.

Moreen sent me some detailed software and files to change the firmware in my BOM to Port 4000.

I am not a programmer so I have to do these things but the number and by trial and error I will.

So now all I have to worry about is some Force 4 Hurricane getting ready to visit, but what could possibly go wrong!

Claude, 7FL4, Green Cove Springs, Fl 

Claude
Randy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 11:17am
Claude,
Well, SOMEONE has to say it, so I will:
Outstanding troubleshooting on your part, and you do have to admit, both Avidyne and Level had "pretty damn good" support!
Your writeup, of the troubleshooting steps, "what next", and "this is the plan", is excellent.
Well done.
Good luck on the hurricane, stay safe, keep us informed.
Regards,
Randy
Regards,
Randy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic